Recommend a Cooling Pad

nyxtheslayer

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Hello,

I just purchased a Lenovo Z50-70. After playing Dead Rising 3 for 1 hour it heats up so i am looking for a cooling pad.

Please suggest me a good cooler master cooling pad. My heat sink is on the left side and there nothing at the right side.

What about this? It has one fan at the center. Will it be good enough to cool it up?

NOTEPAL L1

SoumyaHD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
1.Cooler Master: NOTEPAL X-LITE II
2.Cooler Master NotePal X3
3.Gear Head CFS8800BLK

NOTEBOOK COOLERS: WHAT TO LOOK FOR

The main purpose of a laptop cooler is to prevent overheating and to keep your computer running at optimum levels. There are several important components of laptop coolers you should keep in mind when you're looking for your own.

Performance
Dual fan coolers work better than single fan coolers. Two fans create more air circulation to keep the air and heat constantly moving. Some laptop cooling devices have adjustable fan speed, but that's more of a bonus than a necessity. Make sure your cooler won't be loud or distracting. A cooler shouldn't make noise, and if it does, it should be no more than a whisper which is about 25 decibels.

Laptop coolers are USB powered and compatible with any laptop. It doesn't matter if it's a Mac or PC. They should come with a USB cord, and the best units also have USB cord storage space and extra USB ports.

You need to be conscious of the size of your laptop and the size of the cooling pad. Most coolers claim to fit 17-inch laptops; however, 12- to 15-inch laptops generally fit the best. Adjustable height is a nice feature that can add comfort, but it is not necessary to make a perfect cooler. Your laptop needs to stay secure once it's on the cooler, so some kind of grip is an essential feature to any cooler – whether it's a rubber strip, a propped blocker or a special material.

Design
The very best design is going to be the one that fits your needs. If you are the type of person who actually uses a laptop on your lap, you need a sturdy design that still provides a certain level of comfort. This will not be as important if you plan to use your cooler on a desk.

The best laptop coolers have to be lightweight yet durable so they can travel and function well. While high quality plastics can make a good cooler, the most durable units are made of steel or aluminum.

A good design allows for good air circulation. A wedged design or a design including adjustable heights grants the hot air room to flow away from the laptop. Having extra space and breathable materials, like neoprene or a mesh or graded top, help create the best and desired airflow to keep your laptop cool.

nyxtheslayer

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

please take a look at the link i have posted will it be good with Z50-70. Its a single fan actually.

SoumyaHD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Yeah thats a cool pad u got