Recommend an upgrade to my netbook please?

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys,

For the past couple of years I've been using an upgraded Hannspree SN12E2 Netbook that I upgraded to 4GB of RAM and an SSD. I run Windows 7 Ultimate on it, and it is pretty damn fast for what it is. Boots up in just over 10 seconds, etc. At the time I bought it, the market was flooded with Atom netbooks and I needed something more powerful for not too much more money. This had a dual core Intel Pentium SU4100 / 1.3 GHz which worked for me perfectly and I grabbed this for around $250.

Recently, I've been finding it a little hard to use because of all the HD streaming I do. It can't stream Netflix in HD without stuttering, and other streams in HD are hit or miss with stuttering. Also I would like to have USB 3 on here, as USB is my main method of transferring large HD movies to this netbook when I travel. USB 2 is just a pain to do this with.

So basically I'm looking for (I'm flexible, budget is around $300, but I do also buy used on eBay, so recommendations for more expensive netbooks that can be bought used for less are also welcome):

Screen of around 12" or so.
USB 3
HDMI
Webcam
Not over 3.3lbs (which is what my Hannspree currently weighs)
Good processor (Dual-core, capable of running HD with ease, maybe even BD ISOs)

I've been researching these over the past few weeks, but I'd like to get some recommendations at this point. I might be missing a couple of good ones. Thanks in advance!

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

Yeah that's fine as long as it is $400 new. I'll then try and hunt down a refurb or something.