recommendation for my upcoming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2018
Excuse me.
my name is Rifki. I live in Indonesia. I would like to have a recommendation for my upcoming laptop. I've seen a sticky thread in this forum, stating that I have to fill as many information as possible, so there won't be any more questions. Here they are:

1. What is your budget? -Converted into U.S. Dollar, the maximum budget of mine (or of what my parents give me) is $1700 (at the estimated rate of $1 = IDR14250).
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? -at most 3kg (6.61lbs) of weight and at most 15.6 inches of screen size.
3. What screen resolution do you want? -at least Full HD (1920x1080). IPS-panel required. 120Hz of refresh rate is recommended, but the usual 60Hz is also acceptable.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? -I need a portable gaming laptop, but it can still do some light works for at least four hours on battery.
5. How much battery life do you need? -at least four hours for light works.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? -Yes. Then, please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-PUBG in Preset high, at least 40 fps (for testing the GPU)
-Battlefield 1 in preset high, at least 40 fps (for testing the GPU)
-the Witcher 3 in preset high, at least 40 fps (for testing the GPU)
-Monster Hunter World in preset high settings (not ultra), at least 40 fps
-PES 2019
-FIFA 19
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? -I am still a college student, so it should be good in doing these things also:
-a bit of video editing
-learning some programming language (C, C++, Java, etc.)
-a bit of visual programming (I am learning basic Pascal, Delphi and Lazarus)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-if an HDD or SSHD is still there, it should be at least in 1TB of size, and in 7200rpm of speed if it's HDD.
-Hybrid storage is required for me because SSD-only laptops with at least 500GB of total storage is too expensive for me. 256GB of SSD + 1TB of HDD/SSHD is enough for me.
9. How long do you want to keep your laptop? -about four or five years.
10.What kind of Optical drive do you need? -nope. I don't really need an optical drive.
11. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-I prefer Asus, MSI, Acer, or Lenovo brands, because the service centers in my country are so many.
12. What country do you live in? -Indonesia.
13. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-the processor. I want at least Intel Core i7-7th gen (the most popular ones are 7700-hq and 8750h)
-I/O Ports should be complete: Card Reader should be there, because some gaming laptops remove it.
-good build quality.
-good cooling system (required for gaming laptop).
-good speaker (optional, but don't give me recommendation with bad speaker)
-plenty of upgradeable options. I want at least 16GB, DDR4, dual channel (2x8), of RAM (after upgrade; it means that 8GB DDR4, at least 2400MHz, single-channel RAM is OK before upgrade), with at least 2400Mhz of frequency.

so, maybe someone or more could recommend me laptops based on these informations.

zoltan.boese

Notable
Jan 30, 2018
Laptops with 120-144Hz are expensive, finding one with an IPS/VA panel is a hard task.
Having a dedicated gpu will lower your battery time, unless you can disable it when not gaming.
For the gaming performance a mobile 1050ti or better is recommended, you might have to save up more money...

The most fordable laptop with similar specs is the MSI Phantom pro with GTX 1060 (6GB), but no high refresh rate. Here is a detailed review:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GS43VR-6RE-Phantom-Pro-Notebook-Review.172721.0.html#toc-verdict

Aug 12, 2018

How about MSI GE63 Raider RGB 8RE? because I need at least 7th gen of i7 (the most popular one is 770hq).

zoltan.boese

Notable
Jan 30, 2018

Nice specs! Great display, good cooling. On the other hand it is a bit bulky, and you will have to carry your charger adapter with, since battery life is short. If you can live with that and you can afford it, it is a good buy.

Aug 12, 2018

but the display panel of GE63 raider 8RE is still TN. at least I want IPS-level panel, even though I have to sacrifice the refresh rate to only 60Hz. but, if you could find me laptop(s) with 120-Hz rate, IPS panel, at least 7th gen of i7, and at least GTX 1060 6GB under $1700, I could not be happier.

Aug 12, 2018

the aftersales and service center are so hard if I have to buy imported laptops like that. I only prefer MSI, Acer, Asus, or Lenovo brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.