Recommendation for new gaming laptop with international warranty

Ben_18

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
So guys I am planning to buy a new gaming laptop within the range of 1300$ in US and have it brought to India through a friend.

My possible options are
ACER PREDATOR HELIOS
ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM

I want to know if international warranty will be applicable on the these laptops and if anybody can suggest me another laptop in this range with warranty which will be valid in India, that would also be helpful.

Solution

It does not matter about the model, it's where it was bought. There are grey market dealers that supply systems not available in the country you are in, but they provide their own support instead of the official support from the laptop maker. There is a well-known one where you can buy fancy Japan only models in the US, but no warranty support outside of the place you bought it from. http://thewirecutter.com/blog/gray-market-deals-the-truth-about-shadowy-savings/

If you need to know exact details of the warranty, read the warranty terms for the laptop you want and if you need clarification, contact the company and check with their support...
Anything you buy in the US and want to bring overseas you will need to check with the vendor and the manufacturer about their specific warranty details. I have not seen a place that offers international warranties in the general market, those that do are grey market dealers that provide their own warranty at an increase in price and are mostly not authorized resellers. If you buy a system and try to get it serviced outside the country it was bought, be prepared for some hassles, you may need to ship it to the original country if anything is wrong with the system, then shipped back to the same US address and then shipped to you in India.

It does not matter about the model, it's where it was bought. There are grey market dealers that supply systems not available in the country you are in, but they provide their own support instead of the official support from the laptop maker. There is a well-known one where you can buy fancy Japan only models in the US, but no warranty support outside of the place you bought it from. http://thewirecutter.com/blog/gray-market-deals-the-truth-about-shadowy-savings/

If you need to know exact details of the warranty, read the warranty terms for the laptop you want and if you need clarification, contact the company and check with their support. Keep in mind that if some sales rep give you the wrong info, the written warranty is the one they will go by.

Solution