Recommendations for a new Gaming/music pair of headphones?

jbarrows

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hey everybody, so I recently started lurking around and figured I would ask for help on a new pair of cans. I have a budget of ~$275 and only have experience with Astros for the most part.

I've been using a pair of A40s(2015 edition) with the Mixamp Pro with 7.1 surround through an optical cable for over a year now.

I mostly listen to a lot of Rap, EDM and Drum & Bass and I play a lot of LoL and CS:GO if that helps. I'm open to Open and Closed-back headphones, anything really!

Solution
you mention games like csgo yet music with high bass. in fps games very little bass response equates to advantage since bass covers up footsteps however that can be a boring sound for things like bassy music. for that, bassy headphones are suggested. you could go straight up neutral and sort of do either but flat can be a little boring to some and isnt as advantageous as bass light (its a jack of all trades sort of situation).

what route do you want to take?
you mention games like csgo yet music with high bass. in fps games very little bass response equates to advantage since bass covers up footsteps however that can be a boring sound for things like bassy music. for that, bassy headphones are suggested. you could go straight up neutral and sort of do either but flat can be a little boring to some and isnt as advantageous as bass light (its a jack of all trades sort of situation).

what route do you want to take?

Solution