Record 7 Million iOS 6 iPhone, iPads Jailbroken in 4 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
The only thing I find impressive about Apple is their inability to take a hint.

People want what they want, when and how they want it. There shouldn't be a need for Evasi0n in the first place.
Hint hint Apple.

tmk221

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]The only thing I find impressive about Apple is their inability to take a hint.People want what they want, when and how they want it. There shouldn't be a need for Evasi0n in the first place.Hint hint Apple.[/citation]

It's apple, they don't care, people don't buy their products for functionality, all they want is apple logo.. sad but true..

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Meh Apple does not care about what the users want, they only care about how much cash will fall in their pockets, otherwise as merikafyeah said "There shouldn't be a need for Evasi0n in the first place."

element1981

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]tmk221[/nom]It's apple, they don't care, people don't buy their products for functionality, all they want is apple logo.. sad but true..[/citation]

Give me a break... could you be an more ignorant? If you can't possibly think of a reason why someone would prefer to use an Apple product over an Android then you seriously lacking in the imagination department. Keep your ignorance off of this site, please. I'm sick of hearing the ignorant haters post garbage like this. Apple and Android are just 2 different ways of accomplishing a similar objective. Some people prefer Apple and they have their reasons, and they usually don't involve JUST a logo. The same goes for Android. I've owned both and I can say positive things about each. In about 80% of my usage scenarios, I found that an Apple phone did the job as well as or better than an Android equivalent. That's just me. It could be the reverse for someone else, and I'm willing to respect a person's decision to use Android over an iPhone because I'm able to see why a person may think that way. Sadly, you are not.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]element1981[/nom]Give me a break... could you be an more ignorant? If you can't possibly think of a reason why someone would prefer to use an Apple product over an Android then you seriously lacking in the imagination department. Keep your ignorance off of this site, please. I'm sick of hearing the ignorant haters post garbage like this. Apple and Android are just 2 different ways of accomplishing a similar objective. Some people prefer Apple and they have their reasons, and they usually don't involve JUST a logo. The same goes for Android. I've owned both and I can say positive things about each. In about 80% of my usage scenarios, I found that an Apple phone did the job as well as or better than an Android equivalent. That's just me. It could be the reverse for someone else, and I'm willing to respect a person's decision to use Android over an iPhone because I'm able to see why a person may think that way. Sadly, you are not.[/citation]
Whoa, buddy, take a chill pill. If you want people to respect your opinion, you might want to start respecting theirs.
Instead, you choose to call everyone with a different opinion an "ignorant hater". Thing is, I didn't see any actual hate in his post, only in yours.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]tmk221[/nom]It's apple, they don't care, people don't buy their products for functionality, all they want is apple logo.. sad but true..[/citation]

Not true - some people just like a phone that they don't have to futz with all the time. I've had RIM, Android and Apple products. Was happy with my Blackberry, not so happy with my Android and happy with my iPhone. I have yet to find it not being able to do something I need it to do.

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]element1981[/nom]Give me a break... could you be an more ignorant? If you can't possibly think of a reason why someone would prefer to use an Apple product over an Android then you seriously lacking in the imagination department. [/citation]
Yes I have devices from both, like Woz, my line of work requires it. I know what I want, full control and functionality on a device I purchased. I have not found a task an Apple device can perform that an Android device cannot accomplished. The opposite is true.
I have found that a lot of people that buy Apple are described by Steve Jobs own words "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]There shouldn't be a need for Evasi0n in the first place.Hint hint Apple.[/citation]

There should be no reason to root an Android device, hint hint Google.

G

iPhones are actually decent once you've done the jailbreak but stock standard is meh at best.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Cue, Thin Lizzy in 3......2......1......" Searchlight on my trail
Tonight's the night all systems fail
Hey you good lookin' female
Come here!

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
Somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
So don't you be around !

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
There should be no reason to root an Android device, hint hint Google.

yes but a stock android device does not need any coding to root. It is a couple simple command line instructions in ADB (android debugging bridge). So buy a nexus type phone or something made by Google (nexus 4) and have fun using a completely open phone. If you think android phones need rooting/ jailbreaking then what you are opening access through is that phone manufacturer's software or the software forced upon hardware manufacturers by carriers like verizon.

People should not confuse Google's OS with what other manufacturers call android.

bigcatface

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
awwww... this is awesome! All my friends kept making fun of me for having an iPhone, mocking the closed system. "come over to android" they kept saying "it's so much better, we have free apps!". Well i couldn't get rid of the iPhone for a while because of my 24 month contract so i thought about giving the jailbreak a whirl as it was the next best thing.
Well, all i can say is it didn't disappoint; after 24h of using the jail broken system it's crashed 36 times, bogged down the hardware with viruses, and cleared out my entire bank account! Just like a real android device!
Thanks, Evasi0n!

ibnmuhammad

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Fandroid kids, think for yourselves for once, grow up...

Has Google ever invented anything?

Google only exist for the sole purpose of ripping everyone's lives apart so they know you inside out.

Think about it, every Google product is only designed for one reason, to suck as much personal data as possible - in effect, you become a whore to Google (and possibly the CIA).

Take Chrome as an example, rather than contribute and improve the Firefox code, they ripped Apple once again, taking Safari, rebranding it as Chrome and releasing it as spyware.

Oh, not to mention the billions went into advertising Chrome.
I remember when train stations, newspapers, billboards everywhere were covered by Chrome adverts - not just one, but several.
In some cases, some train stations entire billboards in the entire station were occupied by Chrome adverts!!

case in hand: -
http://rockfoundationministries.org/18/google-chrome-advert-music-mark-potter-219.jpg

ibnmuhammad

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Google is spyware.

Maybe I should release some spyware too, use a colourful logo with a motto "don't be evil" and spend billions advertising it.

Sit back and watch all the suckers download / buy it!
muwhahaha :)

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
just go to xda- developers and find it. I do not see how to edit in the forum anymore and the url tags did not work. but oh well

mcnaugha

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2005
7 million represents 1.4% of the half a billion iOS devices out there. I think some people need to check their perspective before they get excited about these things and start making sweeping statements about this indicating anything whatsoever.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
And so it begins.

We hate Apple products mostly because they lack value, cost vs hardware. That is who we are, we are people who care about what is running underneath. I get the whole OS preference and I respect that.

BUT DO NOT SAY THAT APPLE PRODUCTS ARE BETTER.

For their equivalent, you can pay less for same spec'd phone. Granted with the lower specs they preform better vs equal hardware as the OS is customised for the hardware.

Now those trying to troll, please take your 12 year old maturity somewhere more appropriate. Go watch Sesame Street and learn something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.