Recorder suddenly not recognized

goc_man

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Help please!
Suddenly, I can't burn anything. Until recently, I could burn without problems using Nero 6 and CDBurnerXP and now I get a message "no recorder found" when I try to burn in either program.
Also, PowerISO (which was working perfectly) can't make a virtual drive anymore (when I try it gives me a message telling me to reinstall the application, which I did and the same thing happens).
The problem started after I installed some stupid cracked game. During the instalation the pcspeaker gave a beep and I got an error message, but everything worked fine, until I realized this burning problem.
I scaned my computer with: AVG, Ad-Aware, a-squared & Spybot S&D. A couple of viruses and trojan were found, but all of the infected files were healed or removed. The problem still persists...Help

RomDA_73

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Hmmm... may I suggest you back up your documents and do a reformat? That will surely clear up all the effects of your worm. You can also try using System Restore, and pick a date before you installed that cracked game.