Recover problem dell laptop

emadmichael

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
i purchased a dell alienware m14xr2 few days ago. and i have 3 questions:
1- the recovery partition of SSD doesn't work. It simply doesn't run the windows 7 setup, which means that the SSD is useless that way.
2-how can i get the laptop back to its factory setting
3-all my programs are in windows 7 32 bit, and that laptop has windows 7 64 bit. how can i solve that problem.

your help guys is highly appreciated
thanks

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
1. You absolutely do not want a recovery partition on the SSD. If it did not originally ship with an SSD you want to do a clean install not a recovery anyway. If it shipped with an SSD you can burn recovery disks. Or order them from Dell.

2. Do a clean install or use the recovery DVDs.

3. wipe the drive with windows 32 bit and nstall your programs on windows 7 64 bit.

emadmichael

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
thanks my friend for your reply
the laptop has 2 hard disks: the first one is 1 partition of 1 Tera Bytes, and the second one is Micro sata: 1-RECOVERY: a hidden partition for the source of the recovery windows, and 2-OS a partition to install the windows to it.
that installation took 5 min.
I formatted the OS partition, then the recovery option didn't work. If I didn't make use of the recovery option then the MSata HDD would be useless.
what do you recommend regarding downloading a recovery software that solve the recovery process??
the laptop doesn't accept installing the 32 bit windows 7 for an known reason. Is there an update or a plug in or any thing that enables me to setup the 32bit programs on the 64bit windows 7??
thanks

TRENDING THREADS