RECOVERY Media cd

carlou00

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I need the recovery CD for a Toshiba Satellite Pro L770 Series. It was originally running Windows 7, Made the huge mistake of installing windows 10 without realizing you had ONLY 30 DAYS TO DO A SETBACK BEFORE IT OVERWRITES EVERYTHING. i WILL NOT PAY FOR SOMETHING i THINK SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Solution
Nope. You should have make your recovery disk when you got your laptop. Don't matter what you think either pay toshiba or download from some shady site and get malware or something.
and stop yelling.

You can try that, but last I heard/read, it doesn't work for OEM software. As rdg1101 stated, the onus was on you to create your restore media when you purchased your laptop. If you did not delete the restoration partition when you installed Windows 10, it may still be viable. Otherwise, you'll have to pay Toshiba for replacements.

-Wolf sends

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Also. Your Windows 7 license has been changed to a Windows 10 license. 7 probably won't activate anymore even if you got the disks.

There's not anything wrong with 10 and its a good idea to upgrade. You might be better served by asking for help with whatever issue you are having than screaming about it.

USAFRet

Illustrious

It is/was included in the purchase price. The original Factory Reset was there to allow you to create your own DVD or USB. For the cost of a blank DVD.
In fact, when it was new, it probably prompted you to make this.