Solved! Recovery Reformatting Partitioning

M G

Aug 7, 2020
I have a HP envy x360 that has some issues. See pic. Done with windows going linux what OS should I start with there? Refuse to keep windows on, so gonna wipe hardrive start fresh what do I need for partition? Harddrive has a microsoft reserved partition does that stay or go? What files or system operations do I need to be kept for HP laptop to run correct or just start fresh

Solution
I have a HP envy x360 that has some issues. See pic. Done with windows going linux what OS should I start with there? Refuse to keep windows on, so gonna wipe hardrive start fresh what do I need for partition? Harddrive has a microsoft reserved partition does that stay or go? What files or system operations do I need to be kept for HP laptop to run correct or just start fresh

Any files on the system now are to run Windows. If you are going to be using Linux just delete all the partitions and do a clean setup of Linux. Although I would first make an image of the original setup if you run into issue and want to go back.

Mateo65

Great
Aug 4, 2020
mainly you need a bootable usb or drive with the selected operating system with linux im sure during the installation you will be confronted with a window asking u for how you want to partion ur drive here you can then choose to format the drive or watever

M G

Aug 7, 2020
im not familliar with that pc but would like to advise u that going fully to linux is not the best option Why are you leaving Windows
Non stop updates just seems to be a headache and I am moving on the direction to learn coding and hacking skills so by what my untechnical stone age self have read is that's where I need to be. And I like open-source. For Microsoft in my opinion to own 90% of market with their software seems to be one b.s headache after another. Plus I see it as a monopoly. And something in my gut says something isn't exactly right with it

M G

Aug 7, 2020
mainly you need a bootable usb or drive with the selected operating system with linux im sure during the installation you will be confronted with a window asking u for how you want to partion ur drive here you can then choose to format the drive or watever
Is there a certain software that you recommend? I did my first scan with disk genius. Looks like its that trick you for free software but if you really want it done now send us one of those Ben Franklin's, so is their a cracked download with a flagship program or is their a reliable do all free one out there?

M G

Aug 7, 2020
Is there a certain software that you recommend? I did my first scan with disk genius. Looks like its that trick you for free software but if you really want it done now send us one of those Ben Franklin's, so is their a cracked download with a flagship program or is their a reliable do all free one out there?
I have kali iso. But wondering if I should go with a different vs orf just jump in the deepend and swim with the sharks

Any files on the system now are to run Windows. If you are going to be using Linux just delete all the partitions and do a clean setup of Linux. Although I would first make an image of the original setup if you run into issue and want to go back.

Solution