Solved! Rediects to Unwanted sites in all browsers on all devices

Mmurgai66

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I use three devices to browse the internet - Ipad, Iphone and a Windows PC. For the last two months I have found that whenever I click on a link in mu Mail, or through FB or Twitter I get redirected to various unwanted sites. This is happening through all my devices.
I have deleted Chrome and reinstalled it, cleared all browsing data, run CC Cleaner, downloaded Malwarebytes and run it, but the problem just keeps coming back.

What should I do?

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
I assume you're running all the devices off of the same wifi. Have you secured your router? I'm wondering if something in your router got changed, such as the dns address. Set your router back to factory/new setup. Then, make sure to change the login to the router and set up strong passwords on your wifi, so you don't get hacked.

Mmurgai66

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017

Mmurgai66

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017

Mmurgai66

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it but the fact remains that my husband uses the same router and he has no problem.
Even while clicking the link in this email I was redirected to sites such as work from home, subscribe to this quiz, w99general etc.