Status
Not open for further replies.

dannied

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
I would like to know which is the best registry cleaner and if they are safe to use. I have read several articles about registry cleaners and there seems to be alot of disagreement about their safety. Even in the forums on this site their seems to be alot of disagreement about their safety and even if they are necessary. I have used jv16 power tools registry cleaner for many years with no visible bad effects. But, I have recently built a new computer that I use for video editing and do not want to damage any of the programs that I use. I don't have the experience to go through the scan results and decide which items would be safe to remove and which ones would not. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
ccleaner is a great basic 1 there are others that are much more aggressive in there scans but this can lead to problems...some like regcure can actually cause a system to crash because there so aggressive.

so go what you feel comfy with. catch 90 percent and be sure that your system is stable or go for the 100 percent and risk a system fail.

i would recommend, you dont optimize your registry which a lot of reg-cleaners offer. this will in the long term slow your machine down and cause more fragmentation over time.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
The registry cleaner that I've been using for the past few years is Registry Mechanic. I've never seen any negative effects from using it and with a few tests I have seen improved performance. It also has other utilities such as Disk Cleaner, Defrag, creating restore checkpoints and a few more.

Click here for the manufacturer's website.

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I use CCleaner and it seems to work well. No problems so far in the year, or so, that I've had it. Keeps the programs I want, removes orphaned keys, runs on demand, nothing in the background.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
ccleaner is a great basic 1 there are others that are much more aggressive in there scans but this can lead to problems...some like regcure can actually cause a system to crash because there so aggressive.

so go what you feel comfy with. catch 90 percent and be sure that your system is stable or go for the 100 percent and risk a system fail.

i would recommend, you dont optimize your registry which a lot of reg-cleaners offer. this will in the long term slow your machine down and cause more fragmentation over time.

Solution

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Hey whats about TuneUp Utilities 2011,a Award-winning system optimizer and it comes with registry cleaner? Is it not good ? I am using it and seems it is working well but as not being an expert I can't say how much good it is.Please I want to know your opinion.

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hey....I heard abt that its not that gud...first it seems that its removing errors from our system...but basically its not...i will recommned u a website that has a review regarding th registry cleaners http://best-registry-cleaners-review.com/ you can go there and chk the website...i personally using pc optimizer pro...i found this is the best...seriously i throw my slow pc in to action

Thanx billchasen,I am going to check the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.