Reinstalled ASUS Smart Gesture but still not working?

coradearing

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi!
So I have a ASUS Transformer Book (T100TA) that's running on Windows 10. Yesterday my laptop ran out of battery, and when I went to restart it a few hours later the touchpad-scrolling-function did not work. So I did some research online and de-installed my ASUS Smart Gesture as well as my ATK Package. I then re-installed the newest versions and now the ASUS Touchpad is displayed again in my device manager. BUT: After rebooting my laptop, the scrolling function still does not work and I can't find the ASUS Smart Gesture application, there is supposed to be an icon in my notification area but there is not so I cannot access the settings anywhere.
Anyone out there able to help? Would really appreciate it!
- Cora

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from ASUS.
- http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/SmartGesture/SmartGesture_Win81_32_VER216.zip?_ga=1.131055375.1638809655.1465884985
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the problem remains, please do try running System Restore.
- Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

coradearing

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi, thank you for your quick reply! I tried to follow your guide and here's what happened:
I de-installed the touchpad in the device manager, there as a pop up that asked me if I was sure I wanted to delete this device and I clicked yes and checked the box for deleting the accompanying drivers or something like that. I downloaded the new driver and wanted to install but it said that another version of this product is already installed. At this point I couldn't use my touchpad at all so I rebooted my laptop and that worked, "ASUS touchpad" was displayed in my device manager again. But Smart Gesture was still not working and I still cannot install driver I downloaded. In the device manager there's the option to update the driver software for a device so I did this with my ASUS touchpad and apparently the newest driver is already installed :??: