Reinstalled Vista on my laptop and keyboard stopped working and I get no picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliftram

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014
I reinstalled Vista on my Compaq laptop and now it has no video (screen lights up but no picture) and the keyboard quit working. Hooked it up to my desktop monitor and keyboard but need a fix for it. Wireless quit too but I found the setting to turn it back on. Are there hidden settings for the keyboard and monitor as well?

i_sub

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014
Hi.
Did you say that it "does work" with a external keyboard/monitor?

In that case, try updating your drivers (from hp website or windows update only, lots of other driver sites have malware).

Please keep us posted.

Cliftram

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014

Cliftram

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014
After I entered my problem to you I got a huge batch of new Windows updates which corrected the problems with no wireless connection and no keyboard function. I still have no image on the monitor but here is the funny thing. I put an Ubuntu disk in my DVD player, the notebook boots up like new! Everything is there, including the monitor! I can go online and have no video issues, but trying again with Windows OS, the screen lights up but no image at all. If I have a bad video card, how come it works beautifully with Ubuntu? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.