Reliability between gl553vd and Dell 7567

Sarathismg

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Well in terms of gpu and cpu, both has i5 7300hq and gtx 1050. Gl553vd has great screen, bad battery and 7567 has the opposite...... But in terms of reliability and durability which should I go for? Both are priced same in my region. Maybe I am gonna use it in my university most of times.

Maybe another option fx553vd?? Love to know about that too. Thanks in advance.

I don't know and you will not get a real answer from anyone unless they can come up with real research data to backup their answer. The best advice is to look at the specs and decide. I guess it also depends on cosmetically which laptop looks better to you. Both have mediocre TN panel screens, but Dell offers an option to upgrade the screen to an IPS panel screen. The Dell is a bit heavier, but that is because it has a larger battery which means it has better battery life. I think I read a few reviews that basically stated the Dell lasts 7 to 8 hour with average daily usage (no games). The Dell is a bit easier to upgrade because there is only 1 screw keeping the bottom panel in place. The Asus uses 11 screws.

Sarathismg

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Because of the battery I wanted to go with 7567... But getting an IPS panel upgradation here in my region is not possible. Will it be strainous for my eyes to have daily 7 to 8 hour coding sessions on the mediocre panel of 7567? Oh yes, maybe gl553vd uses IPS, not TN panel.

what is the price difference.i have the dell but with the better config,i7-7700hq and gtx 1050ti and it is IPS.price difference with the base model is just $100 where i live.the asus is quiet pricey for the same spec as the dell base model here(much expensive than mine) and a lot of people have issue regarding its cooling capabilities.

so far i have not seen any scratches as i always take good care of my laptop.the central hinge is sturdy compare to the vx15 which i also have(1050 model).the body is quite robust and reminds me of alienware.good speaker and cooling is superb.cpu never go pass 80c on high load/heavy games and gpu stay below 70c. and internal is very very easy to access.just remove one screw under the bottom panel and viola.