Reminder: President Obama Speaks on Google+ Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous32111

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Wonder how he is going to tip-toe around the legalization of marijuana this time.. If its anything like the last youtube 'Interview with the President'.

Seriously, about time something is done about this.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]anonymous32111[/nom]Wonder how he is going to tip-toe around the legalization of marijuana this time.. If its anything like the last youtube 'Interview with the President'.Seriously, about time something is done about this.[/citation]
Personally, if I were him, I would leave it up to the individual states to decide. Just too much of a divide in the country right now to make a federal decision about it.

I expect a repeat on the State of the Union, so I am more curious to see whether the G+ servers crash or not.

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Yea, he will be answering questions from the public. As long all the ones asking the important questions are censored. The marijuana questions being pulled is very annoying. Though, Im sure more than just the marijuana legalization question has been censored/filtered.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Personally, if I were him, I would leave it up to the individual states to decide.[/citation]
California and many other states have already made this decision, it is the federal laws that need changing, not state laws. Besides, didn't Obama's administration already say they would remove any questions regarding medical marijuana? God forbid he answer a real question!

keyanf

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
"Instead, only five fellow American questioners have been invited to participate directly with the Commander in Chief personally. "

By which, anyone who followed his last campaign knows, means "prewritten easy questions with prepared answers", because Obama doesn't need to repeat "spread the wealth" in a campaign year.

keyanf

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Personally, if I were him, I would leave it up to the individual states to decide. Just too much of a divide in the country right now to make a federal decision about it.I expect a repeat on the State of the Union, so I am more curious to see whether the G+ servers crash or not.[/citation]

But you're not him. Obama is anything BUT a federalist.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Obama is a fake till the day he owns up to marijauana issue. IT IS THE MAJOR DRAIN ON OUR SYSTEM! all of the small time offenders in the jail draining our taxes for what!? to keep the private prison owners happy?! they do nothing for us as society.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
question 1. us extradition for linking to copyrighted material of a colage student, in the uk, who broke no laws where he lived.

question 2. pot legalization.

question 3. pot jail and billions on non violent criminals.

question 4. state spending more money on prison inmates than collage students.

question 5. pot legalization, 850,000k in prison for pot offenses, and 10 billion+spent on enforcing pot laws.

those are the top 5, now will he answer any of them or dance around them... cant wait to hear.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Personally, if I were him, I would leave it up to the individual states to decide. Just too much of a divide in the country right now to make a federal decision about it.I expect a repeat on the State of the Union, so I am more curious to see whether the G+ servers crash or not.[/citation]
50%+ support its legalization, 85%+ support if for medical use.
some states ok it for medical use, but because of federal laws its still illegal for them to use it.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]He need to do something about this:https://www.cia.gov/library/publica [...] 7rank.html[/citation]

Wow USA is 197th? That is terrrrrrible.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]He need to do something about this:https://www.cia.gov/library/publica [...] 7rank.html[/citation]

all we need to do to eliminate that is cut military spending in half, and make more cost effective decisions with the money we do spend, and we may double china...

but you have to understand, america doesn't take a profit from taxes, they have to spend every cent somewhere, so the best we could do is hit 0, no surplus not debt.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]California and many other states have already made this decision, it is the federal laws that need changing, not state laws. Besides, didn't Obama's administration already say they would remove any questions regarding medical marijuana? God forbid he answer a real question![/citation]
Yeah I 100% agree. And I should have been more clear in what I said. They should take the drug off the Controlled Substances Act, and remove any other federal regulations banning its use. Instead, let the individual states decide whether they want marijuana legalized or not. I have a hunch most states will, but some of the super-conservative states will be very resistant to the legalization of it. But if the people in that state don't want it, then fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.