Question Reminder text alert AFTER leaving vehicle?

Glenvis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I'm unable to receive texts or emails on my XR while driving and using Bluetooth. I've missed several of both because I'm not aware of them when I leave the car. Is there any way to get a text and email alert of messages received during driving - AFTER shutting down the car? The phone knows when the car is running, why not send me a reminder that I missed messages when it's turned off? It would be a big help to me.

Yes, I know I can us Apple Car Play - I'm not about to plug the phone in every time I enter the car. I use and appreciate it on longer trips, works fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
Hey there!

Here's a potential solution for you - go to Settings, then Bluetooth. Then select the Info icon next to your car's Bluetooth name, then turn Notifications on. If they are already on, toggle them off, then back on. This should hopefully help fix the issue.

Sometimes updates to your phone will turn these settings off by default for some reason.

-JP

Glenvis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Hey there!

Here's a potential solution for you - go to Settings, then Bluetooth. Then select the Info icon next to your car's Bluetooth name, then turn Notifications on. If they are already on, toggle them off, then back on. This should hopefully help fix the issue.

Sometimes updates to your phone will turn these settings off by default for some reason.

-JP
OK, tried that tonight, no such luck. Was already set to "on", switched off then back on - same problem.
Thanks for the suggestion, I think this is an Apple problem - over protecting the client.