Remotes not working on TV Could it be the logic main board and IR board?

GabrielKnight01

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I have had a programmed universal remote (4in1) from eBay that worked for about a year it then stopped working so I bought another uni remote at the store its a Logitech 650 but it does not work either. My 4in1 remote would need to be closer and closer to the TV to work I thought it was the batteries so I changed them with brand new ones but nothing changed and now the remotes don't work at all. I have pulled out the IR board and cleaned it, no change, so I am going to buy an IR board from eBay but the seller said it could also be the logic main board, not the main board that has the inputs for HDMI, component, composite etc. but should I swap out the logic main board as well or just go with the IR board? My TV is a Sanyo PDP42RX9DA Plasma. The logic main board I'm referring to has ribbon cables going to it from the various other boards but the IR board is plugged into the main board but all the TV buttons for the volume, on/off etc. work fine as the buttons are wired to the main board as well.

Solution
Work from easiest/simplest to hardware/more complex. All being subjective measures of course but the concept is the same....

Change or vary only one thing at a time.

Personally I would try another remote first. But if you are sure that it is not the remote then try the IR board replacement.

Failing that solution then move up to the logic main board.

Work from easiest/simplest to hardware/more complex. All being subjective measures of course but the concept is the same....

Change or vary only one thing at a time.

Personally I would try another remote first. But if you are sure that it is not the remote then try the IR board replacement.

Failing that solution then move up to the logic main board.

Solution