remove an ip address

Lisa_122

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
I have an IP address that i need to remove from my computer. I called tech support. It will cost me close to 300.00. Help Please. Someone does not have my permission to use my computer. I live in Alabama. They live in Virginia. I have their IP address. Just don't know how to remove it from my computer........

Solution
Look at it this way.

If someone called you and told you that you were using their street address, P.O. box number, or automobile license number would you pay to change it?

You are in Alabama. Doubt that the person contacting you is in Virginia.

Scam.
Furthermore once you pay someone else will certainly call because your name and number are now on the target list for the next scam that comes around.

And probably on the lists for the previous scams. The IRS will not call you, a "missed jury duty call" is a trick. A call that a family member is in jail or the hospital is also probably a scam - call that person first. Never send money.

Especially if they want you to pay with a gift card, money order, etc.

They make the calls...
If that IP address is your connection to the Internet, you can't remove it - that's your "phone number" or "street address". So, the question is - how you know you have "ip address for removal"?

As to why you will 300.00 to remove it, and which tech support - that's another story. If that "tech support" called you with a problem that you need to "remove ip address" - don't bait on that.

SgtScream

Estimable
Dec 8, 2016

If you aren't having any sort of internet connectivity issue, that my friend is a scam.

Lisa_122

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
I have a person who is also using my IP. address. I need to remove that IP. Address from my computer. they are using my computer without permission. I am in alabama. They are in Virginia.

USAFRet

Illustrious

And what, exactly, is telling you this?

Look at it this way.

If someone called you and told you that you were using their street address, P.O. box number, or automobile license number would you pay to change it?

You are in Alabama. Doubt that the person contacting you is in Virginia.

Scam.
Furthermore once you pay someone else will certainly call because your name and number are now on the target list for the next scam that comes around.

And probably on the lists for the previous scams. The IRS will not call you, a "missed jury duty call" is a trick. A call that a family member is in jail or the hospital is also probably a scam - call that person first. Never send money.

Especially if they want you to pay with a gift card, money order, etc.

They make the calls seem very real - do not panic and call the authorities on another telephone. Otherwise just hang up.

Then help by telling friends and family about the call. Especially any senior citizens - they can be especially vulnerable and are commonly targeted.

Solution