Solved! remove Google's "Tap to Speak" half screen, which replaced keyboard entering for Message texting?

JaBee

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Can't use phone keyboard when "Tap to Speak" takes over my messaging on Android 8 phone
Previously, I always used keyboard and do not wish to use Google's Tap to Speak

Solution
You need to turn off that option in your "Settings" and then "Language and Input". Then it should change it back to just a keyboard.

If it doesn't work, and it is set to off already, then make sure you have a keyboard selected as your input method.

Should it still continue, then I have to ask what app this is happening it, as it may be a problem with the app itself.

JaBee

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
MERGED QUESTION
Question from JaBee : ""Tap to speak"removal"

Removing unwanted "Tap to speak" google screen which replaced entering message text by keyboard on Android 8 Moto G6

You need to turn off that option in your "Settings" and then "Language and Input". Then it should change it back to just a keyboard.

If it doesn't work, and it is set to off already, then make sure you have a keyboard selected as your input method.

Should it still continue, then I have to ask what app this is happening it, as it may be a problem with the app itself.

Solution