Remove the laptops optical drive to mod in mouse tray?

BORIS1349

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Has anyone ever heard of or seen a laptop that had the optical drive replaced with a mouse pad tray of some kind? Or even a mouse pad tray mounted externally that doesn't look too ugly/bulky?

I've always been interested in modding some sort of mouse pad tray onto a laptop for light FPS gaming either in bed or on the go but I have no clue how to go about it, other then slapping a steel sheet to the bottom of the laptop.

If not, would anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed with this idea?

Thank you for your time,
Boris

Solution
Not really, it's not a sturdy surface. As soon as you try to put any pressure on it, it's going to bend and put pressure and snap anything you put in there. Only way would be if it like had feet that could flip down so it sat level with a table, but no good in bed.
Not really, it's not a sturdy surface. As soon as you try to put any pressure on it, it's going to bend and put pressure and snap anything you put in there. Only way would be if it like had feet that could flip down so it sat level with a table, but no good in bed.

Solution