Solved! Removing a Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2018
Hey was hoping I could get some help here, I was on google when my AVG flagged a potential threat "AswGFZ3a" so I clicked the delete command anyways and decided Id do a full system scan just to be safe and sure enough it finds it again named "Win64:Trojan-gen" I tried to click resolve but it wasn't getting rid of it just stayed there so I downloaded malwarebytes and scanned for rootkits and it didn't show up there either, removed AVG and installed Norton instead and that cant find it either. When I open chrome it tries to redirect me to the domaincdn.immereeako.info but malwarebytes prevents it and says the file location is C:\Programme files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
And this where im at, I have no idea how to remove this Trojan especially when its hiding so well any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Solution
ah. sorry. didn't fully read the post.
Chances are, whatever you had on your PC that did this is gone and what was left behind was that it changed a setting inside the browser that redirects stuff.

Use something like Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and remove all files, folders, and registry items associated with chrome and then restart PC and install Chrome again.

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
ah. sorry. didn't fully read the post.
Chances are, whatever you had on your PC that did this is gone and what was left behind was that it changed a setting inside the browser that redirects stuff.

Use something like Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and remove all files, folders, and registry items associated with chrome and then restart PC and install Chrome again.

Solution
Apr 3, 2018
Sorry forgot to update. Put my pc onto safemode ran a couple scans then just picked through my files got rid of a few suspect malware. Downloaded hitman pro ran a scan it found the original file AVG had flagged and deleted it, after a restart and a few rescans to be sure all seemed fine again I havent been redirected from chrome or got any more warnings so I believe its been fixed. Thanks for all the helps guys

Status
Not open for further replies.