Rendering help,dedicated and integrated gpus in tandem,Q.S.V. and NVENC,video editing help

May 15, 2018
Scouring former threads,I cant find an answer.Will enabling integrated and dedicated gpus work with video rendering?My system is this:Aorus Gaming 7 mobo,32 gb DDR4 2600 of Kingston ram(value ram,no X.M.P.),I-78700k(o.c.to 4.9),GeForce 1060 O.C. dual fan edition,120 gb m.2 ssd(o.s. and sony vegas editor),120 gb 2.5 ssd and two seagate barracudas 2 tb hdds,T.T. 750 wt p.s.u. and a T.T. 3.0 liquid cooler.Does Intels Q.S.V. come into play as well for rendering speed,not streaming?

Solution
In most apps , integrated graphics and dedicated graphics won't join processing power to work in tandem.
AMD APUs (iGPU) and some AMD dedicated GPU could work in a hybrid crossfire mode for more processing power.

jojesa

Distinguished
In most apps , integrated graphics and dedicated graphics won't join processing power to work in tandem.
AMD APUs (iGPU) and some AMD dedicated GPU could work in a hybrid crossfire mode for more processing power.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from brettmeyer21 : "Rendering help,dedicated and integrated gpus in tandem,Q.S.V. and NVENC,video editing help"