Repair Manual for Medion laptop 6313

mfs69

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hi I am needing to change the hard drive and cannot find anywhere to get a repair manual for the medion 6313, unfortunately it is not like many of the other laptops where you turn it over and unscrew 2 screws then extract the laptop, this one is under the keyboard but no instructions of how to dismantle?? Help please

americanbrian

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
There may be a screw on the bottom labled KB...

remove that screw and gently prise the keyboard up. flip it towards the mousepad and disconnect the ribbon cable after loosing the small clips/stays either side.

other times you may have to remove the bezel first which means find and loosening all of the screws from the bottom and carefully unclipping the plastic surround. This would reveal screws on the top edge of the keyboard that can be removed to allow the keyboard to flip up.

watch some youtube videos of various laptop disassemblies and you should be good.

mfs69

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Much appreciated the videos were a great help, but I do need a reair manual as well any ideas where to get one???

Cheers
Mike

americanbrian

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
medion is just a brand badged onto the machine. It is likely that it has been rebranded from its OEM.

If you can find the original equipment manufacturers part number you will find a lot more info.

For example I have a E system 3213 that is actually an "ECS elitegroup L41II" You can't find crap on the e system but tons for the L41ii....