Replacement screen for laptop

jer227

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
Truthfully, it's a Chromebook. I have a Samsung Chromebook 2, the 11.6" variant. I'm looking to upgrade the screen from the horrible stock one to an IPS. I have found, via the internet, that a LP116WH4(SL)(N2) will fit it just nicely. However, the only available units I can find of this model number is outside of my comfort price range. I have thought about possibly using a substitute that is more available. I have found a few LP116WH4(SL)(N1) units that are more available and (therefore) more reasonably priced.

My question is, is there a way to determine what is the difference between an N1 variant and an N2? The parts look nearly identical, so I'm imagining the difference is going to probably be minor. However, I was hoping to find out if this could be used to replace my stock screen or not.

Thanks for any/all replies!

Accordint to this site, the difference between N1 ($42.99) and N2 ($59.99) screens is seventeen dollars. If you are ready to invest that money in $200 laptop without guarantee that you will succeed (remember, Chromebooks are not ordinary laptops, and that Samsung carries ARM processor, not x86), replacyng one s^%ty screen with another less s^%tty but still miserable 1366x768, that's your choice, and these $17 should be your last worry.

jer227

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015

Unfortunately, according to that site, the N2 variant is out of stock. With no indication when it will be coming back into stock. The N1 variant is in stock, hence my question. If it were only the case of $17, I would have already purchased the N2 variant. The only N2 variants I was able to find were at least $100.