Replacing a 32" Toshiba 32c100u with something bigger.

Gman91

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Although I like my tv, it has served me well and now It's time to upgrade to something a little bigger (42"). There are so many possibilities and I have done so much research but I can't seem to find a tv that really strikes my interest and leads me to believe it is better than what I already have. I want something that is great for gaming (good response time, gaming mode, good picture quality etc.) but also good with movies as well. My budget is right around 700$, I would prefer LED, then LCD then Plasma. I know newer plasma tv's have come a long way and burn in's aren't as common but I don't want to even chance it. I play mostly FPS games (Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Halo 4, Skyrim etc.) If anyone has any opinions or recommendations please feel free to post here! The only tv I've been pondering on is a 42" Sony Bravia, I heard they were awesome gaming tv's.

makinbiscuits

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
plasmas at this point are nearly IR and burnin proof. I have a 60'' samsung plasma and I'm always either watching sports with scrolling text, letterboxed blu rays or gaming and I've yet to see a hint of IR and trust me, I've looked. There's an article from CNET about them trying to burn in an image on a samsung plasma and they couldn't.

I admit I'm a plasma guy but at your price range I don't think anyone could honestly say you'll find a better looking picture from and LED/LCD vs. a plasma.

The only drawback for you for plasma would be trying to find one in a 42'' screen. I know panasonic had one out when they released their 2012 models but they didn't make them very long. Plasma is pretty much 50'' and up at this point.