Replacing LCD cable in Acer Laptop

Austin_7

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire E1-532 laptop and over the past couple weeks the screen as started to go pixilated and glitchy. assuming this was because of the LCD ribbon cable i ordered a new one and it has arrived, but i do not know how to replace it. can anyone give me some guidance, or a link to a video? i dont want to go digging around in my laptop trying to replace the cable without knowing exactly what i am doing.

thank you!

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Unless there's a teardown video on youtube, you're probably on your own. Every model is slightly different, but usually follow a similar path to disassemble. Ultimately, the LCD will need to be separated from the base and opened up, and the keyboard and palmrest will need to come off.

Every model (or at least, every series) varies in how to break it open and put it back together. If you don't have experience, you should take it to a technician, as it's very hit or miss as to whether you'll find a service manual or instructional video.

Also, pixelation is not always a sign of a failing video cable. The laptop really should have a once over done by a good computer technician.