Replacing my Samsung Galaxy Y Dous for ...?

Nabeel Farooqui

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

baburajiv2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

No..!! Definitely not the J.
Android experience on a single core, and 512 mb RAM just sucks. You'd start hating your phone soon enough. Moreover, J is too old.

If you're sure you can't increase the budget, look at alternatives like Lumia 520. Its the best in its price range, no doubt. Or you could look at Xperia U. Pretty hard to find, as its old, but it got a dual core processor. Sadly, no expandable memory, and you'll be stuck with 4 gig of internal storage.

But, if you're keen on sticking with android, you'd better increase your budget, and go for the Xperia M.

Nabeel Farooqui

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

LOL, is it really that bad? I've seen some reviews and didn't notice too much lag or something. My Y has a single core 800mhz processor. Though its running Gingerbread.

The U is around the same price. The U is running the Mali 400 gpu, compared to the Adreno 200 in the J.

Battery is a little low in the U (1350 vs 1750)
The screens smaller

Hm....

baburajiv2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Adreno 200 of the J is old. Mali 400 of the U is always faster, and better. Plus, the dual core on the U would only do you good.
The single core and 512 mb ram is enough to run Ginger Bread. But, when it comes to ICS and up, things change.

Trust me. I've owned the U, and used my friend's J.

Still, I don't recommend any of these. Try to go for M. If you still can't, pick the U over J (of course, if you don't care for the limited storage). BTW, U supports USB OTG out of the box. You just need to buy the cable.

TRENDING THREADS