Solved! Replacing SSD to check if works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2019
I am not sure if this is the place for this question.

My friend has a hardware problem and wants to check if there exists a problem with his SSD.

He wanted to replace the SSD on my computer to see if there is any problem, but I believe it is not possible because the hardware is completely different. (cannot just plug-in and hope it works, right?)

Is there anything that might go wrong;
if we replace my SSD with his SSD on my computer,
re-install Windows (I am using Ubuntu),
and after we check his SSD, plug my own SSD back.

Thanks for help, I can provide any information might be useful.
I am not really sure what might be important.

Solution
You don't need to install anything on the drive to see if it works, just remove it, put it in a USB enclosure and see if it works. Of you can put it in as a secondary drive in a computer.
If the idea is to re-install Windows, why not do it in the system you are checking?

It may be more helpful if your friend made a post or you did with the actual program you are having, with details.
You don't need to install anything on the drive to see if it works, just remove it, put it in a USB enclosure and see if it works. Of you can put it in as a secondary drive in a computer.
If the idea is to re-install Windows, why not do it in the system you are checking?

It may be more helpful if your friend made a post or you did with the actual program you are having, with details.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.