replying to a posted solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2019
I am new tho this forum thing and seem to be unable to reply to a post by
americanaudiophile', offering a solution to my query that doesn't work for me. Somehow, my initial query was truncated and made incomplete by the time it was posted. I tried to google how to reply to a tom's guide post but it didn't help. I need to provide americanaudiophile more information in order to get a more completely understood solution. When I click on the 'reply to post' button, a screen comes up with americanaudiophile's response but there is no place for me to provide a reply. Help! Thanks

If you are using a mobile device, that is likely why. Our mobile version of the site is not great, which is why the forum is soon being moved to a new format. If you check your email for a notification of a response from him, you can likely reply in that manner. Good luck.

Oh..
By pressing "Reply To (Person)XXX" it will open next link with all the shiny stuff for editing your text, Bold italian, adding pictures links and etc.
And then it will probably erase that you have written down in "Your answer" box (As it does happen to me).

I usually do use "Reply" for Discussions.

You have to write into "Your answer" box and submit your anwer.
Whoever asnwers anybodys Forum question, he will get notification whoever answers also and if the question is resolved.

If you click on "reply to xxx" it will quote the message you are replying to, and then you type your message down below the quoted text that it automatically creates, then click "Answer".

If you do not wish to quote, and only want to post a new reply, then you click into the box at the bottom of any given page, right below where it says "your answer", type you message and then click Submit your answer. For mobile systems some of these options may not be visible. For desktop systems, they should all be visible and should work as explained.

Feb 4, 2019

Feb 4, 2019
THank you for your patience. For some reason, I haven't been able to see the 'Reply to' part. I finally did click on the
ANSWER' box hoping that it would function as a reply to the answer to my original post. But I'm still not sure. I have yet to see the 'Reply to' oiption.

It's on every single post, right next the the buttons at the bottom left of each individual post. Directly to the left of the button with the black triangle that has the exclamation point in the center of it. You click the actual text next to the right angle arrow.

Example:

2uh3i9u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.