Report: Apple Lost Another New iPhone in a Bar

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Hi everyone, just a heads up, the article has been edited to clarify that the police searched his house with permission from the person in question. Sorry that this was not clearer before. :)

G

@littlebomb

what you talking about, everyone knows it be stamped on your forehead, you can always lose an arm, but not a head.....

someonewhoknowsalittle

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Maybe better if Apple employees no longer take prototypes of unreleased Apple iPhones to bars? What will happen if some website owner gets a hold of it and lets everyone know that it has a better camera or two better cameras, a battery that lasts longer, a better antenna, a faster dual processor, a slimmer body, a greater capacity SSD? Will we be shocked. We sure as hell know that it won't have stereo speakers, a standard, mini or micro USB port, a port for a standard, mini or micro SD card, a user replaceable battery, a mini HDMI port, the ability to add RAM to it, the ability to replace the SSD by the user, the ability to run Flash video natively, the ability to run MS Office programs on it, etc. etc. etc. Worst of all, it probably won't have Steve Jobs presenting it to the world. That's what we'll miss the most.

evo_7

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
So does this mean that all you have to do to find out what Apple is working on is to buy their workers drinks at a bar and out~drink them? If so, Samsung, HTC and BB should really invest in a department whose sole responsibility is to just take Apple personnel to bars and let it flow from there. Given how Apple is the "black curtain" of the tech sector, I don't see this really as a publicity stunt.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Holy shit these comments are ridiculous.[/citation]

They would be normally, but we are talking about Apple.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I suspect this may be a publicity stunt. The price paid is ridiculously cheap (cheaper than a functioning iPhone4).[/citation]

that would suggest the person just took it knowing its valuable, and fenced it, not everyone is able to tell the difference between iphone generations, nor care. [citation][nom]littlebomb[/nom]So now the police can search your house because a Corp. told them to? All those sci-fi plots are starting to come true.................hello future Repo men and big brother. Do I get the bard code on my left wrist or right?[/citation]

id love a barcode on people. that way you can scan it with your phone and find out what contagions they may have.

i believe doctor paciant confidentiality ends when you can infect someone else.

you have herpies, aids, or other stds that will never go away, i can the wrist and i know not to bother with you at a bar.

how many men/women have something but don't tell others about it?

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNKS5KWPQf8[/citation]
lol... guess we don't have a sense of humor?

fightingslu

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Some one steals from Apple and it probably takes two minutes after calling the cops to have half the police force cruising around town and barging into houses. Somebody stole my car, it takes the cops over an hour to show up

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Am I the only one who hasn't thought of the idea to goto Apple and say " If you put it in writing that you will give me 1million dollars I will tell you what I know about your lost phone " Once the cash is mine I then tell them what I've read online since thats all I really know about it and go on my merry way. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.