Report: Apple Lost Another New iPhone in a Bar

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IClassStriker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
This is just a marketing strategy. Get the buzz out and get people talking and then release the phone a couple of months later. Always have worked.

lunaticwoda

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
What people don't know is simple. These arn't accidental losses. This is testing for my Apples new patented "iBar" where your phones survival skills are put to the test in the wild and crazy environment at your local pub...

dstigue

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]that would suggest the person just took it knowing its valuable, and fenced it, not everyone is able to tell the difference between iphone generations, nor care. id love a barcode on people. that way you can scan it with your phone and find out what contagions they may have.i believe doctor paciant confidentiality ends when you can infect someone else. you have herpies, aids, or other stds that will never go away, i can the wrist and i know not to bother with you at a bar. how many men/women have something but don't tell others about it?[/citation]
How about you don't go around banging everyone you don't know. WTF it's none of your business! Yeah ok you're carrying bubonic plague maybe that would be an issue. But STDs. You take a risk everyone time you have sex. And that's the way it should be. Wrap it up and don't spawn any more closed minded humans from your loins.

cohetedor

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
It's now come to light that it wasn't the police who showed up, and one of the men was a senior investigator for Apple. If they did in fact say they were the police, they committed a felony in doing so. Personally since one of the men who showed up is confirmed to work for Apple, it should be enough for a subpoena of his emails and if it shows he was under direction from corporate, Apple is in BIG trouble, impersonating a police officer lands one in prison real quick.

grizzg13

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Did anyone else notice that there was no police report filed. if there was no report filed then there was definitely no police searching the house. not without a paper trail. that only leaves the apple gestapo.

beachbod

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
"Another iStunt brought to you by crApple."

"iBet it was a ghey bar too."

"I call BS"

"I wonder if I lost something if the police would raid peoples home in search for it."

"Why is this a news? This is i-marketing."

"You're typing it wrong....It's "iCall" LOL"

"@cohetedor:iHope you are right!"

You guys realize your infringing on apples trademarks right? Expect a visit from guys in black suits right about.. now..

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dstigue[/nom]How about you don't go around banging everyone you don't know. WTF it's none of your business! Yeah ok you're carrying bubonic plague maybe that would be an issue. But STDs. You take a risk everyone time you have sex. And that's the way it should be. Wrap it up and don't spawn any more closed minded humans from your loins.[/citation]
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]You watch too many movies. There'd be so much discrimination if you had easy and accessible information of EVERYONE. Plus, we're talking about PRIVATE, medical information. Trust me, get something embarrassing and have to live with it for the rest of your life -- you'll find quickly that you wouldn't want people to know your personal business. You'd also obviously be smart enough not to share it with people -- which that person at the bar may have perfect intentions of NEVER taking it that far, but since you can scan them, you instantly dismiss and disgust them.[/citation]

you know, we did something like this a long time ago... i believe it was called Leprosy.

i, in full honesty, do not believe people who are infected with a life threatening disease that can infect other people, should live amongst non infected people. granted this applies to life threatening diseases that are incurable. especially something like aids, which is effectively incurable.

it would be better to have them live in their own little towns, and work there, and risk exposing anyone else. just because its not an air born threat doesn't mean its not a threat, and you honestly cant tell how i feel on this issue unless you also had a complete stranger sneeze blood on you.

and for people who aren't life threatening, i'm all for the tattooing of them. more or less in place that aren't exposed unless you are about to have sex. such as butt or inner thigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS