Report: Apple Slashes Orders for iPad Parts by 25%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

the "report" really didn't specify anything "all" iPad parts, iPad 2 parts, Samsung flash memory parts, the 2nd would indicate the prep for the new iPad gen and the last would indicate the long standing issues Samsung and Apple have been demonstrating over Samsung's failure to lay off the photo-copier when "designing" their products

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Other sites are reporting analysts saying this is not legit, based on too small of a data sample.

"plznote - Strange, maybe using cash for iPhone parts?" - Apple has billions cash on hand, not likely.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]notamacguy[/nom]Maybe slowing down on iPad2 parts to get stock level down for iPad3 release Q2 2012.And for Yuka. I'm a windows Guy. Iv build every computer I ever owned personally for the past 15 years. I actually hackintoshed my home built for fun and it runs better than Apple bought, running windows 8 dev preview now naturally. But when It came to a tablet and a media player, sorry I bought a iPod shuffle the best media player for jogging, and an iPad simply because of dominance and content. Just as you can be a Mac-Zealot you can be just as dumb in the other corner. I like their multimedia products. I wouldn't buy a Apple brand blender or toaster but I will but a multimedia device cause thats what they dominate at.[/citation]

Well, you're the "common-sense imbued" people I mentioned. Or you will buy the 3rd series even when the second you still have works perfectly and has (basically) the same features?

Cheers!

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
Strange that nobody mention possibility of iPad3 to be announced soon. After all, it is becoming close to 1 year, and lots of people would wait for the new model to arrive. I know I would.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Hmmmm. This could be the reason that crApple is suing Samsung - their iPad sales are flagging so bad that they have to blame something. Could it be that crApple infatuation is waning - especially when crApple tries to patent "prior art?"

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]iFad and other tablets are going the way of netbooks.[/citation]

Yes. This.

I think the polish is finally coming off this plastic chinese Apple crApple.

BTW it looks like Tom's has mysteriously collected about a dozen " iThumbs" to vote down and hide negative comments about crApple, errr I mean Apple crapple.
Coincidence with the numerous Apple "stories" here. iPaidOff

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I'm guessing that they're working hard to develop the iPad3, which may be launched in February, and also that they have overstock of inventories they need to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.