Report: BlackBerry Storm II Brewing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
The last (run-on) sentence sounds cool, but would be better if it was factual. When one uses the adjective, few (amounting to or consisting of a small number), they are not including an amount as large as 10. Even those who bought the phone yesterday (before this announcement) have 6 months before a September release. Stick to factual writing, not just cool sounding sentences.

dedhorse

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Why does Verizon need to give RIM permission to release Storm II? Isn't it RIM's product? Shouldn't RIM be giving Verizon permission to release Storm II? Or am I missing something in their licensing agreement?

By the way, this article needs editing, or at least a re-read before posting.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
10 months is a few months? Wow. I guess we have different takes on the word "few."

They need to get rid of the click-through screen. It was a nice idea but a horrible failure. Trying to get stuff done on that phone was horrible I returned it after 6 days. Just stick to a normal multi-touch screen, work out the software kinks this time, and get the app store rolling.

G

who gives a shit about the grammar of the article? you all got the point right?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Well, they just lost my sale toward a Blackberry Storm, I'll wait for the second one.

[citation][nom]caveydl[/nom]who gives a shit about the grammar of the article? you all got the point right?[/citation]
I suppose. But there are cases where improper grammar can either cause a complete lack of understanding, or they can misrepresent information.

Grammatik heil!
and it looks like Storm season ain't over yet.
Clever

G

I have the Storm v1 and its easily the worst phone I've had. The touch screen and phone functions are terrible. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. Everyone in my company has returned them for Curves.

A lot of improvements would need to be made to sway any of us back to the Storm.

dedhorse

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]caveydl[/nom]who gives a shit about the grammar of the article? you all got the point right?[/citation]

Any publication that wants to be taken seriously. If the editing team doesn't even take the time to proof read an article before posting, how can the reader trust that the writers/editors have taken the time to fact check the article. That's the difference between a blog and a news article. The news reports facts. Blogs report whatever they want, including unsubstantiated rumors.

Not that I'm complaining, I enjoying reading the latest tech gossip as much as everyone else. It's just the use of the term "news" that has me scratching my head sometimes on this site.

G

As of today the current model still doesnt work. The software is buggy as hell, the phone is horribly slow at times, the camera does not work consistently, and the phone is prone to rebooting. Since its release they have issues one software update to address a small handful of the issues. There is another in the works but it isnt out yet. Definitely consider this before running out and buying the next one. All in all its a pretty miserable phone, definitely not a success.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

If I can't expect a website to even have the basic respect for itself with the use of proper grammar I don't know how I am to trust any of their articles. They don't both proof reading do they bother double checking their numbers? What about double checking their sources? It is all about credibility and when you continually post articles that are poorly written you lose a lot of it.

It isn't as if proof reading is very hard. Pass your article onto another competent human being before it is uploaded and you are good to go. The fact that Tom's has repeatedly skipped this step is very sad and/or embarrassing for them. The quality of this website has slowly been declining for quite some time.

Yahoo has crap news but at least they are well written and void of spelling and grammatical errors.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]The last (run-on) sentence sounds cool, but would be better if it was factual. When one uses the adjective, few (amounting to or consisting of a small number), they are not including an amount as large as 10. Even those who bought the phone yesterday (before this announcement) have 6 months before a September release. Stick to factual writing, not just cool sounding sentences.[/citation]

I was referring to the 'few' months between November and April. As for users who have just bought this phone. I know people have recently purchased the Storm and are really annoyed to hear waiting "several" months could have gotten them a version with WiFi.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]veryhumid[/nom]Didn't Apple update their phone after only a year on two different occasions?[/citation]

Very true. Also something I don't agree with.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I'm glad I read this article. Was thinking about splurging for the BlackBerry Storm this June when my New Every Two is up. Perhaps now I should wait until September and get the updated/better version. :)

If they improve the touch screen, and upgrade the camera (which is already pretty good) I should wait. :) Besides, my Palm Treo 700wx is doing just fine thus far.

G

There is always a new version coming around the corner.(Phones, computers, cars, etc.) If we were to wait for the next best and greatest, we'd never buy anything.

Pongobongo

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Very true. Also something I don't agree with.[/citation]

You don't agree with updating? True in the short term contract users may be miffed, but tough. That's how cell phones work. In the long run everyone benefits, and I hate to break it to you but everyone is more important that any individual user.

If anything they should increase the rate of software, firmware, and hardware upgrades, and abolish the ridiculous 1-2yr contract based upgrade system. They could still make money by pro-rating upgrades. Want a 6-month extenstion instead of 12? Fine, then $50 off instead of $100...and so on.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Pongobongo[/nom]You don't agree with updating? True in the short term contract users may be miffed, but tough. That's how cell phones work. In the long run everyone benefits, and I hate to break it to you but everyone is more important that any individual user.If anything they should increase the rate of software, firmware, and hardware upgrades, and abolish the ridiculous 1-2yr contract based upgrade system. They could still make money by pro-rating upgrades. Want a 6-month extenstion instead of 12? Fine, then $50 off instead of $100...and so on.[/citation]

I don't agree with new releases in such a short period of time. It sends the wrong message to your customers. Upgrades after 18 months says innovation and development. Upgrades after 12 months make it seem like they had the ideas all along and are just plain greedy.

jasinto1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Brand New Blackberry 9000 Bold (unlocked) $270USD

The phone ( Blackbery Bold 9000 ) is unlocked , brand new , sealed in the box , comes with complete accessories , comes with 1 Year international warranty from the manufacture and the phone will work with any network provider or sim card.

Package Content

Blackberry 9000 Bold (unlocked)
Standard battery 1500 mAh Li-Ion
AC Travel charger
USB data cable
Leather case
User manual
Sync software CD-ROM

Email : JASINTO899@HOTMAIL.COM
Phone # : +447035965778
SKYPE ID : ANTHONY.MARK1

Best Regards,