Report: GM Green Lights Hybrid Cadillac

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]sciggy[/nom]The biggest problem with Hydrogen right now is the lack of infrastructure. Sure people could but a machine for home use, but how many people have an extra $2000 to tack onto their car purchase? Also who has the space to put it anywhere? And how many people would WANT it there? [/citation]

I would gladly live with those drawbacks if it means that oil companies don't get my money.

david__t

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
"I'll stick with my my 12 MPG Eldorado thank you."
Maybe if you lived in the UK and paid $8 per gallon you might think twice...
This will mainly be bought by the celebs who currently own a Toyota Prius. Just another way for rich people & 1 car company in particular to claim green credentials.

chall-ioxus

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
If GM wants to spice up the Caddy to be as sporty and efficient as it looks, they need to look into deploying a technology that helps increase performance, regenerative capabilities and reduces warranty issues with the batteries. Batteries may work well in the warm, flat, southern Californian coast line, but when they move to the colder, hill areas (such as NY), the reduced temperature and increased demand for climbing hills wears out the batteries, thus requiring another source, such as an ultracapacitor, added in parallel with the battery.

Chad Hall, COO of Ioxus

Status
Not open for further replies.