the moment they come out?

And it seems like a packed market with
netflix, apple, hulu, etc.,
don't it seem as if

we don't need another place to watch
if only for the "Google"?
The only way I'd care is when
the newly released movie could be streamed to
you the moment they come out in theaters!

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
If there is an HD version of the movies available than I would be willing to pay for it.
BUT! It has to offer subtitles in Brazilian Portuguese (because not everyone is versed in english) and it should be up to $1.99. For the $3.99 I rather go to the nearest rental store and grab me a movie for $2.89 (+-) that I'm sure will work on any DVD player on the market.
Also, it has to be downloaded to the PC, else how can I watch? Streaming? No way. Youtube is way to slow for HD videos.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Googlegooglegooglegoogleblahblahblahblah.

I'm pretty sure Google has now surpassed Apple as the corporation I hate the most. Freaking obnoxious.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]Googlegooglegooglegoogleblahblahblahblah.I'm pretty sure Google has now surpassed Apple as the corporation I hate the most. Freaking obnoxious.[/citation]
couldnt agree more

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
"For years YouTube has been focused on letting users share home movies with the world. However, the video-sharing site may soon have to share the video section of Google's portfolio"

I thought google purchased youtube over 4 years ago???

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]"For years YouTube has been focused on letting users share home movies with the world. However, the video-sharing site may soon have to share the video section of Google's portfolio"I thought google purchased youtube over 4 years ago???[/citation]

True, and if they add another, paid-per-view video site, YouTube will no longer be the only video site in Google's portfolio.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Am I the only one that thinks that the player on youtube is a joke? I would prefer to see a movie through frontrow/iTunes than to have an HTPC with youtube. If they want to dominate the market they have to make an HTPC oriented media player that you can surf from the couch with a remote.

Btw I've seen movies that are BRrips encoded with .264 at Pal/NTSC dimensions that seem pretty cool, it doesn't have to actually be HD, i could settle for less for the right price.

The material is international and I hope they keep same pricing World Wide (same price in Europe, USA, Japan, Africa, China e.t.c.), they should also remember that $ ≠ Euro as far as currency exchange rates are concerned and not apply 1 $ = 1 Euro.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
As much as i like Google i will say this, are they trying to create their own version of everything? i mean Google is starting to branch into every possible crevice of the market. once again im not saying this is a bad thing, just peculiar and i hope it doesn't go straight to their heads and create the Google equivalent of "Applehasamassiveego-itis"

Still prefer this over anything which apple tries to promote as something that is radical, dynamic and has so totally belonged to them from the start /sarcasm

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
"The talks have supposedly being going on for months..."
English is not my native language, but I feel something's wrong in that phrase.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
If there should be a company that predominates on media distribution is Google. As I've mention previously in my comments, Google doesn't take over a industry sector, instead they form partnerships and platforms that allow multiple companies to compete over a homogeneous standard. In the case of Android, Gooogle provides the OS, but multiple companies compete for the best communication service, the best phones, etc.
Google is like the guy that found gold in California, and instead to keep it all to itself, went out and told everybody. Of course, only after he had setup a hardware shop to sell pick axes, shovels, and whatever else you need to mine gold.
These news are in relation to the Google TV platform.

elbert

Distinguished
Not sure this will fly as the newest movies will cost $5. This would be ok if the movies were available at the same time theaters released. Sadly its only once they come out of DVD.

Viewers will stream rather than download the films and pay about $5 for newer titles. The movies would be available at the same time as their release on DVD

Looks like the US only at the start.
Google will use its search technology and YouTube to direct viewers to the new service, which is likely to launch first in the US, with other countries added over time, the people added.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Nothing they stream should cost more than $2 as someone already stated. For $1 I can get a dvd at a redbox. For $2, I expect high def.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]ch33ky[/nom]So is this going to only be oldmovies? Or can we expect to beable to view newly released moviesthe moment they come out?And it seems like a packed market withnetflix, apple, hulu, etc., don't it seem as ifwe don't need another place to watch if only for the "Google"?The only way I'd care is whenthe newly released movie could be streamed toyou the moment they come out in theaters![/citation]
This is Google getting ready for google tv. Nothing else. Pretty soon they will integrate this in with a youtube app.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Duh, Video rental is finished, just ask Blockbuster.
At netflix you have unlimited viewing in HD for $10 us/month
Then again why would someone pay $3.00 for something they can download for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.