Report: Interested in Producing Halo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
If Transformers 2 and GI Joe are any sign of the direction popular-topic movies are going, they might as well quit while they're ahead.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I don't think that Transformers was bad BECAUSE of Steven Spielberg's involvement, so I see no reason Halo doesn't have a fair chance.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Considering the only Halo I was excited about died when Microsoft bought Bungie, let them do whatever they want with the franchise. Steven Spielberg can't do a worse job than Uwe Boll will if he gets his hands on those movie rights.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I don't care WHO makes it, so long as it becomes the one game movie that doesn't suck!

The last few years have been bleak as far as movies go. I'm not sure if it's the funding, the piracy issues, or what. But, I haven't gone to a movie and been floored by the experience in a very long time.

Kaiser_25

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
We need more Iron Mans, and less GI Joe, Iron Man and Transformer 1 gives me hope that they CAN be done right, if the effort is put into it.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Even if it's bad, Halo fans will flock to see it just so they can complain how bad it is. I hope they do a good job making this movie, but we'll just have to wait and see.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
If Spielberg does to Halo what he did to the last Indiana Jones movie we're all in for a craptastic film.

JJ Abrams would be the best director. Star Trek was incredible.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]ac21365[/nom]If Transformers 2 and GI Joe are any sign of the direction popular-topic movies are going, they might as well quit while they're ahead.[/citation]
Because based on those movies you think they are ahead?

G

dont have high expectations, that way you wont be disappointed. judging by the way other games-movies went, the bar isnt set too high though. and yeah halo fans will still flock to see it. hope there are few cheesy moments, like 117 going 'finishing this fight' at the end of halo 2. you know, that was TOTALLY unpredictable. /sarcasm (they work ok in games but are WAYYYYYY overused in crummy films. too many to list of course)

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
I'll watch this movie after I finish reading Moby Dick, Heart of Darkness, Count of Monte Cristo, and War And Peace. Pride and Prejudice was in the list, but, after finishing Sense and Sensitivity, I figured out that chick novels aren't really my thing.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
spielberg sucks and so will this movie if he has anything to do with it. jackson could have made this epic, but now it shall fail

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I think JJ Abrams, Jackson are the type of people who can make griddy SCIFI movies that don't suck... something different, tell a story etc.

Yeah, Shatner is always THE Captain Kirk. But JJ Abrams did a great job of making Star Trek, caught the spirit of the characters and then some. The ship is still a bit goofy looking... if the engines were just a bit further apart... and the inside of the ship looks like a beer factor (oh, it is) - far bigger than the outside.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Honestly, Peter Jackson is the man I want to see making the Halo movie. Hell, I wouldn't be sad if he started making ALL action movies.

Him or JJ Abrams. Spielberg is becoming one of the "bad" ones.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
This is disheartening. Jackson, with the right budget, could have brought life to the entire franchise, what with all the Nylund and other back story novels out there. Spielberg will go for the CGI over plot development and poison the well. While I may watch it just to confirm my lingering doubt, like Transformers II and GI Joe, I will not waste credibility recommending it others nor money buying the DVD, I suspect.

Oh well.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I hate Spielberg. After what happened to Indiana Jones and Star Wars....I lost ALL faith in him. Indiana Jones 4 could have been GREAT. Ford had the talent if the movie was built right and for him (and his age). But no, instead they put him in with aliens, greasers adn the kid from Transformers...my god I couldn't have thought of a more stupid plot and cast if I tried. Who the F wrote that script? Shoot them in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.