Report: iPhone 5 to Have Curved Glass Screen

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
And here we go again - let me explain :)
THG and other sites for that matter are publishing articles like this to "boost" their visits and rankings. Look - every single time there's an article that mentions something about apple is being commented by haters all over the world - one silly article - 1000 unique visitors more - that's just great - easy money :)

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]..and how many first or even second gen iPhones will be left out of the next software release:http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/20 [...] es-version[/citation]
And how many 4 year old Android phones have official updates for Honeycomb? I know there are several models of Android phones who are never getting an update past 1.6. Im not sure the point you are trying to make..

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
@ericburnby:

Obviously I'm smarter than you and I think Apple sucks balls. So put that in your self-ingratiating pipe and smoke it.

LMAO

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]@ericburnby:Obviously I'm smarter than you and I think Apple sucks balls. So put that in your self-ingratiating pipe and smoke it. LMAO[/citation]
My, so clever. Whatever will I do to come back against such a brilliant post as this? Might as well go hide in a corner to wallow in self-pity at the pwnage I suffered at your hand.

You should move to Hollywood and start writing screenplays. I foresee multiple Oscars in your future.

thomasjm52

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Try surfing the web and swyping on a 4.3 inch screen for a week, then go back to your itty bitty inferior phone, I mean iPhone and then try it. It is so funny hearing apple fanboys saying ther eis no reason for a bigger screen. You can watch TV and play games on a 30 inch TV fine. But you enjoy the expierence ten times better on a 50 TV. So then why would you want a small screen when surfing the web or daily phone use when 4.3 screens are available.[/citation]

You missed my point. I dont want to surf on a 3.5, 4, 4.3, 7, 10, or 15in screen. THATS WHY I HAVE A COMPUTER!!! I use a phone for a few calls, texting, and checking my voice mail system. Stop trying to turn phones into mini comps or tablets. Buy a 11" notebook or tablet.

pbanman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Can't wait for Apple to claim they did it first ...[/citation]

Oh they will for sure... and all the sheep will fall for it.

thomasjm52

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]Actually the way they handle text on the iPhone is one of the things I do not like about it at all. Other than that and a few missing features, iOS is pretty decent these days.How can you even say this? One of the big draws of iPhone is games! They made sure to have fairly powerful PowerVR graphics chips whenever they release a new iPhone. Welcome to 2011, where mobile phones are a big part of the gaming pie.Not to mention that when Apple has quad core chips, you won't be saying this anymore.[/citation]

I think i will be saying that when they do come out with quad core cause i just dont want to use a phone to do what a computer can do. If your into playin games on your phone then thats your deal. I would rather be out traveling the world, spoiling my wife, and teaching my kids.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]My, so clever. Whatever will I do to come back against such a brilliant post as this? Might as well go hide in a corner to wallow in self-pity at the pwnage I suffered at your hand.You should move to Hollywood and start writing screenplays. I foresee multiple Oscars in your future.[/citation]

Indeed!

G

My 3GS is getting OLD. I want a 4 inch screen and 4G or I'm going to HTC or Samsung Android. Can't wait much longer....

Status
Not open for further replies.