Report: iPhone 5 to Have Curved Glass Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nice info. I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing when I didn't give a shit

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]bluedragon9958[/nom]Does anyone care about iphone anymore? The os is dated at this point, put down the baby rattle and get an android based device.[/citation]

I agree 100%. The inferior Phone 4, I mean iPhone 4 not only is a completely outdated os and phone it is the most uncomfortable phone to hold. The iPhone 5 will have the same specs as phones that have been already released. The quadcore snapdragon is supposed to be out this fall, the same time as the iPhone 5.

It looks like Steve HandJobs has his hands full literally on trying to come up with a decent phone.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]I agree 100%. The inferior Phone 4, I mean iPhone 4 not only is a completely outdated os and phone it is the most uncomfortable phone to hold. The iPhone 5 will have the same specs as phones that have been already released. The quadcore snapdragon is supposed to be out this fall, the same time as the iPhone 5.It looks like Steve HandJobs has his hands full literally on trying to come up with a decent phone.[/citation]
Thing is Apple will toddle along nicely with a terrible product the same way Intel did with the P4's against the (at the time) superior Athlon 64's.

Jobs may well come along with a true innovation that really does blow the market apart but until then they only need name value.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Why curved? I don't want to be reminded of CRT monitors again, even if it's just because I have to use someone else's iPhone to make a call. Besides, wouldn't that be insanely uncomfortable on the ear?

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Curved glass!! How revolutionary!!

I don't know about you all but I'd happily pay $1500 for a white curved-glass iphone.

/END SARCASM

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Why curved? I don't want to be reminded of CRT monitors again, even if it's just because I have to use someone else's iPhone to make a call. Besides, wouldn't that be insanely uncomfortable on the ear?[/citation]
Silly Gin, iPhones aren't use for making calls.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
LOL at all the idiot haters out in full force again.

Need I remind you that every single one of you is, and always has been, wrong? You've been bitching about every iPhone/iPod/iPad since the beginning saying it's garbage blah blah blah. And Apple still sells record numbers and rakes in billions. All your little rants telling people to buy anything but Apple have been so successful - you've been able to sway millions of users away from Apple into something that you'd buy. **end sarcasm since you're probably too stupid to even get the sarcasm**

And since you're all too stupid to understand why this happens you have to try and explain it with reasons like "only sheep buy Apple" or "anyone intelligent who understands hardware would never buy Apple". Unfortunately for you, those answers are, like everything else you spew, garbage. Many people (like myself) know the exact differences between various phones, their underlying hardware and their software. Yet we choose to buy an iPhone over an Android. And you technonerds just can't seem to fathom this.

That's why reading your posts are so funny. And why it's even more fun reminding you how impotent you are when Apple posts another quarter with record sales and record profits when you realize your little crusade against Apple is 100% ineffectual.

The iPhone 5 will be out soon, and Apple will sell record numbers of them (as with past phones). And you pathetic little haters will sit and cry and whine about it, as usual. And the merry-go-round keeps on turning the same year after year.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
@ ericburnby
I see the only thing positive about Apple that you point out is the record sells. So what exactly do you like about the iPhone? Seems the "idiot haters" weren't far off.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
@ ericburnby

LOL, FAIL. Every Apple fan stands behind the sales but not the product. When you say the iPhone 5 is coming out soon, do you mean hopefully in 5 months in the fall. By then the iPhone will be outdated with all the quad-core android phones.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I have a windows mobile smartphone so I am not in either camp at this point, but I do know out of the 9 friends / relatives in my circle of contacts (all on verizon) that do have smartphones, 4 have iPhone 4's, 3 have Android handsets and 2 have BB's. The iPhone users seem to love their phones (1 of them switched from a original droid), the 3 Android users all give their phones a so-so rating and aren't sure if they would recommend them to anyone. The two BB users will still have a death grip on their phones when they zip the black bag up around them which I don't understand because I don't really like either of their phones when I've played around with them. I've been trying to decide what phone to get to replace my Samsung Omnia II for months now but I was waiting to see what the WIndows 7 phones on Verizon would be. But I may just go with a iPhone 4 as Windows 7 isn't impressing me at this point which doesn't feel good to me as I'm going from windows mobile 6.5 so anything else should impress me. Say what you will but specs mean nothing, it's all in the actual day to day use. From years of buying gaming PC gear and being on my 8th or 9th SLi rig now I now you can through together all the greatest individual parts and end up with garbage. Use is 1000x more important than specs and numbers or benchmarks etc. and the iPhone is far more polished than Android is at this point and no amount of wishful thinking can change that.

thomasjm52

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I have yet to see a phone do text like the iphone. The layout is perfect. What are all you guys doing with your phones to need duel cores in them. Put your phone down and Enjoy the world around you! I let intel and nvidia do all my games and surfing the net. Why would you want to do that on a 4 inch screen? Whats next bitchen cause it dosnt have quad core....

im_caius

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
@thomasjm52
Swype. Does your precious iPhone have it?
Because Swype beat the world record for fasted texting so I think that counts as another phone texting like the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.