Report: iPods to Get Same Camera as iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just want people to proof read their own articles before they publish them.
Good god.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
for people who likes the iphone but not att, now now you can have an ipodtouch 3G instead. i might consider getting one, once i figure out how to use an ipod without using itunes.

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
You can view pictures on the Ipod nano, so why not have a camera? It'd be nice to be able to take pictures with an ipod instead of carrying a camera with you. Most people will take their ipods with them everywhere, and having a camera on it to get pictures at any time makes sense. I still think they need an audio recorder though.

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Oh, joy!! now I can have a camera on my Ipod , and my cell phone, shoot why do I even bother to carry around a camera backpack.

Oh, that's right ... Its because Small cheap cameras have really bad image quality. I will keep trucking my DSLR around.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I think a more appropriate title beginning would have been "Rumor Mill:------" But I would most likely buy a new iPod touch in a year or two if it gained a camera, sometimes I've wished my current 2G iPod had one, so I would like to see it come to the touch (next gen).

For those criticizing this:

Some people don't have cell phones but appreciate a small form factor camera

Sometimes it's not the quality of the picture that matters, sometimes it's just the memory, picture quality only needs to be enough to remind you of the time, unless it's downright horrible and repulsive, which isn't the case, low quality? Yes, but downright horrible? no.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
ever thought that maybe Apple maybe be ripping M$ off by making a natal-like device? then they would take credit for it all and patent it for handheld devices.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
If you're getting an iPod instead of an iPhone, doesn't that mean you are still lugging around a cell phone in your pocket? Therefore you already have a crappy camera in your pocket. So why do you need two crappy cameras?

G

MP7 Anyone?
Anyway, if the camera had a light on it, who knows.... (That includes iPhone)...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]apmyhr[/nom]If you're getting an iPod instead of an iPhone, doesn't that mean you are still lugging around a cell phone in your pocket? Therefore you already have a crappy camera in your pocket. So why do you need two crappy cameras?[/citation]
No, because I don't want ATT's data plan. I'll take the iPod (in theory) for WiFi, and a camera, and music. But my phone is non-camera, and is a $50 unlimited with an (extended) battery independent of how much music I listen to in critical situations...

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I love reading the commenters who make the assumption that because everything they own has a camera, everyone else in the entire world already has multiple cameras, too.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yeah, if they bring out a 3GS touch with a camera, and it is as well priced as the current touch, i'll get one. then all that is needed to make it the same is the iphone (thats 3x the price) is a wifi hotspot.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
What would you all prefer, a digital point and shoot camera that has some features of an iPod or a full featured iPod with a little POS camera glued to the back?

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]ever thought that maybe Apple maybe be ripping M$ off by making a natal-like device? then they would take credit for it all and patent it for handheld devices.[/citation]

I just want to know what device did M$ make?
Newton came before win ce.
Ipod came out before the zune.
I believe is the other way around.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I don't care either way. I'm either sticking with my iPod Classic or upgrading to a Zune HD (depending on the exact specs as I tend to use a lot of HDD space)

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]I just want to know what device did M$ make?Newton came before win ce.Ipod came out before the zune.I believe is the other way around.[/citation]
And other companies made similar products that predated those blah blah blah.

Does it really matter at all? Srsly who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.