Report: Netflix to Pay $100 M for Exclusive Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

With ISP's clamping down on Bdwth and obviously trying to squeeze the Netflix's, Hulu's etc why would the dump so much money? Do they think the GP will just live with overage's and pay it? AT&T did it just the other day. It's gonna be interesting to see this play out.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]foogoo[/nom]OMG, please be a new season of the x-files. All the seasons are instant on netflix and i am addicted.[/citation]
Same here, I've been watching all episodes again :)

G

That show will be all over Rapidshare anyway. Exclusive? No.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I don't care mostly because Netflix isn't even available to this side of the world.[/citation]
Yes you do, you took the time to comment.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
OMG.......Air Jordans for $35......

I love netflix (at the moment).
The price is fair, once amazon starts offering more free shows, I'll sign up for an amazon prime account too.

Xfinity (aka Comcast) has caught on to this is now throttling my internet (i think). A few weeks ago I was able to stream on 2 devices and do other other stuff simultaneously just fine. Now, as soon as I stream on on device, I can barely surf the net and the second device constantly gets dropped. I called them up, all they did was reboot my modem which was B.S. I have a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. I have the 12MB/s package. They probably want me to pay the extra $10 for the 22MB/s gaming package. Phuck You Comcast

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Netflix will never be able to re-coop an investment this size over a period that short unless they charge extra for it. They have already begun breaking up their services into sub-categories and charging more although they continue to use the word "unlimited" in their advertising. They are a very deceitful group.

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Competition is good. Maybe it will help to lower my cable bill[/citation]
Actually... it'll probably help Comcast decide to cap internet just like AT&T did.
With no bandwidth available for Netflix, no competition! =D

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
If Netflix can offer programing to which I can select the shows/networks I want in the package, then I'll drop what I've got now and sign up today. I hate that we are force fed networks/shows that no one wants (seriously who watches shopping shows, let alone 30?) and we are forced to pay for them that crap.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
tv needs to be like this, pay to view, so you don't have to watch commercials. the system needs and overhaul. the fat tv executives need to be cut, so that content can be viewed without unnecessary commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.