Report: Samsung Galaxy S III Unveiling Has Been Delayed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]SoCs doesn't really reveal what kind of device is going to be out of the factory. Just to put in perspective the A5 is used in the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S, the A4 was used on the iPhone 4, 4th gen iPod Touch, 2nd gen Apple TV and the iPad. Now with the LCD display that's another story.Could you please point to the article where it states that Samsung tried to copy the Apple A5?First Apple hasn't won any court case. Apple was awarded a temporary injunction preventing Samsung from selling the Galaxy Tab. Apple was also awarded a temporary injunction against N-TK, yet N-TK won the case.[/citation]

The volume of chips ordered, give you all kinds of information about the timing and products to be launched. Exactly like I said.

Similarly, the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S share a lot in power terms, which is entirely consistent with what I said.

'Could you please point to the article where it states that Samsung tried to copy the Apple A5' - did you even read my post? I can't even fathom why you would ask such a ridiculous question, particularly given how explicit I was.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-23/samsung-loses-first-german-case-against-apple-in-mannheim-court.html
http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-loses-galaxy-tab-german-apple-ban-appeal-31211344/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashgear+(SlashGear)

Brain-freeze, 'Vladislaus'? News flash, injunctions happen in court. Court cases. And believe it or not, whether you like to label it (in your incorrect and misinterpreting way) as not a 'case' - just tell that to Samsung who can't sell the product.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Perhaps to you people that use the Galaxy Nexus look ridiculous, it's your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's shared by everyone. Also the Galaxy Nexus is just about 2cm taller and 1cm wider than the iPhone 4S, I wouldn't call it tremendously large. And when browsing the web the larger screen makes the mobile browser more usable.[/citation]

To say my opinion isn't shared by everyone couldn't be more irrelevant. The fact is, my original statement stands. People who answer the phone on Nexus Primes look ridiculous, IMO.

As I said, the Nexus Prime looks like a brick.

135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9mm (brick) - 81,884.005 mm ^ 3

compared to

115.2 x 58.6 mm x 9.3 mm (iPhone) - 62,781.696 mm ^3

Over 30% bigger..... I WOULD call that tremendously large.

As for being better browsing, so is a 4 kg laptop.

Or should I say the stupidest argument ever, a la 'Vladislaus' - 'not everybody shares your opinion'...

LOL

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]any accusations of 'copying' levelled at Samsung by Apple have not been anything to do with the processor[/citation]

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Could you please point to the article where it states that Samsung tried to copy the Apple A5?[/citation]

Please, please, learn English before you try to debate - with anyone on these forums.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]The volume of chips ordered, give you all kinds of information about the timing and products to be launched. Exactly like I said.Similarly, the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S share a lot in power terms, which is entirely consistent with what I said.'Could you please point to the article where it states that Samsung tried to copy the Apple A5' - did you even read my post? I can't even fathom why you would ask such a ridiculous question, particularly given how explicit I was.http://www.businessweek.com/news/2 [...] court.htmlhttp://www.slashgear.com/samsung-l [...] SlashGear)Brain-freeze, 'Vladislaus'? News flash, injunctions happen in court. Court cases. And believe it or not, whether you like to label it (in your incorrect and misinterpreting way) as not a 'case' - just tell that to Samsung who can't sell the product.[/citation]
Through the order of chips you don't have a minimum clue what the final product is going to be or how it will look like. The only thing you know is that a new device is going to be launched.

The court case hasn't been won. If in the end Samsung is found innocent Apple will have to pay damage fees relative to the ban. Also like I stated, the same thing happened to Nuevas Tecnologías y Energías Catalá. In November 2010 Apple filed a commercial and criminal lawsuit against NT-K because of their tablet. The judge issued a temporary injunction against NT-K banning their tablet from the market. Fast forward one year and NT-K won the case and saw their ban lifted. NT-K is now suing Apple for monetary damage compensation and also asking courts to pursue a Antitrust investigation against Apple.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Please, please, learn English before you try to debate - with anyone on these forums.[/citation]
I do know how to read English, or please this statement of yours.
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]As it happens, the fact that the A5 is used in all the current top-tier products means that the CURRENT case (we're all living in the present, right?) is that Samsung manufacturers to Apples design, and we've already seen examples of them trying to copy that in the legal case - which, by the way, another case was won by Apple preventing sales of the Galaxy Tab again yesterday.[/citation]

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]To say my opinion isn't shared by everyone couldn't be more irrelevant. The fact is, my original statement stands. People who answer the phone on Nexus Primes look ridiculous, IMO.As I said, the Nexus Prime looks like a brick.135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9mm (brick) - 81,884.005 mm ^ 3compared to115.2 x 58.6 mm x 9.3 mm (iPhone) - 62,781.696 mm ^3Over 30% bigger..... I WOULD call that tremendously large.As for being better browsing, so is a 4 kg laptop.Or should I say the stupidest argument ever, a la 'Vladislaus' - 'not everybody shares your opinion'...LOL[/citation]
I hate when people think of me as and sometimes eve call me an iTard when I use my iPhone, iPod or Mac. And it's because of people like you we get these stupid nicknames. Why? Because you can't accept a different opinion than yours. I know Apple products are the creation of god and can only be surpassed by their successor.

I think I clearly stated that the Galaxy Nexus it's bigger than the iPhone. But myself and tons of other people don't think the phone is huge. Sure it's noticeably larger than the iPhone but even so I still managed to use without a problem and comfortably. In fact the phone is about the same size of the Galaxy S II and tons o people use it without a problem.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Through the order of chips you don't have a minimum clue what the final product is going to be or how it will look like. The only thing you know is that a new device is going to be launched.The court case hasn't been won. If in the end Samsung is found innocent Apple will have to pay damage fees relative to the ban. Also like I stated, the same thing happened to Nuevas Tecnologías y Energías Catalá. In November 2010 Apple filed a commercial and criminal lawsuit against NT-K because of their tablet. The judge issued a temporary injunction against NT-K banning their tablet from the market. Fast forward one year and NT-K won the case and saw their ban lifted. NT-K is now suing Apple for monetary damage compensation and also asking courts to pursue a Antitrust investigation against Apple.[/citation]

As I said, 'The volume of chips ordered, give you all kinds of information about the timing and products to be launched. Exactly like I said.'

Still..... and still you fail to grasp what is being said..... (painful)

It also gives information about performance, and power envelopes. I never said it tells you everything (such as what it will look like - which quite frankly, is ridiculous of you to suggest). Again, your failure to read surfaces.

There are numerous court cases. So far, Apple has won several. Any verdict can be reversed, but as I already said (again, failure to read), tell Samsung they haven't lost now they're unable to sell the product? Furthermore, damages being awarded is NOT necessarily the case at all if this CASE if eventually overruled, that would be the result of a separate CASE, NOT the natural legal consequence you make it out to be. Similarly, you are incorrect again in describing any of the legal proceedings which resulted in the injunction as not cases. Again, I fear, failure of English.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I do know how to read English, or please this statement of yours.[/citation]

Did you even read the bit I was so kind to re-post, for you?

[citation][nom]Watcha[/nom]
any accusations of 'copying' levelled at Samsung by Apple have not been anything to do with the processor[/citation]

Now, to move on to the specific sentence you failed to read, English lesson 101? I shouldn't have to do this - you make yourself look stupid when you continually fail:

[citation][nom]'Vladislaus'[/nom]
As it happens, the fact that the A5 is used in all the current top-tier products means that the CURRENT case (we're all living in the present, right?) is that Samsung manufacturers to Apples design, and we've already seen examples of them trying to copy that in the legal case - which, by the way, another case was won by Apple preventing sales of the Galaxy Tab again yesterday[/citation]

Sentence summary:
Part 1 - A5 is used in current top-tier products
Part 2 - A5 is Apples own design
Part 3 - Samsung is therefore manufacturing to Apples design
Part 4 - We've seen examples of Samsung copying APPLES DESIGN.
Part 5 - Example case provided of Galaxy Tab

What you need to grasp is that the sentence makes several, relevant points.

Part 1, 2 & 3 proves your statement that 'only the A5' was Apples design (SoC wise) completely irrelevant
Part 4 & 5 show that there are legal cases where the COURTS agree (so far) with Apple when they claim that Samsung has copied some of their DESIGN (in this case, I specifically stated the GALAXY TAB).

Part Non-Existent - The sentence you quoted from me makes no reference whatsoever to any copying of processors. As I said, that's your failure.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I hate when people think of me as and sometimes eve call me an iTard when I use my iPhone, iPod or Mac. And it's because of people like you we get these stupid nicknames. Why? Because you can't accept a different opinion than yours. I know Apple products are the creation of god and can only be surpassed by their successor.[/citation]

It's ironic you describe me as 'cant accept a different opinion than yours', when in fact, all I'm doing, is specifically stating that IMO (in my opinion) the Nexus is a brick.

It still is.

Who is reacting to someone elses opinion by accusing them of being unable to accept opinions?

Who is reacting to someone elses opinion using words like 'iTard' and saying 'people like you'?

The answer, of course, ironically and hypocritically, is you.

You said your opinion, I said mine, you then REACTED to my opinion, and I told you that it's still my opinion, so now you completely digress, try to insult me, and to generalise about people. That sir, is the failing. You.

As for 'Apple products are the creation of god' - please. Did I say anything that even remotely resembles that? Of course not. Are you therefore making an irrelevant argument against something nobody said? Of course. That's you all over. And of course, this is all just because I don't share your opinion. Are you seeing your idiocy yet?

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]
I think I clearly stated that the Galaxy Nexus it's bigger than the iPhone.[/citation]

Where did I say you hadn't? It's like you don't even have a clue about what this discussion is over. You're making statements which in no way mean anything relevant to what I said. You said it's not 'much' bigger - I said, I think 30% bigger is a LOT. Guess, what I still do. And even honest people who use the Nexus Prime would admit it's a lot bigger. Not you.

.But myself and tons of other people don't think the phone is huge.[/citation]

Myself and tons of other people DO think the phone is huge.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Sure it's noticeably larger than the iPhone but even so I still managed to use without a problem and comfortably. [/citation]

I can use a 4kg laptop without a problem and comfortably. Myself and millions of others prefer a phone which is able to fit subtly in a pocket instead of having an extra 20,000 mm ^ 3, or an extra 30% volume, making it a brick. Indeed, I would describe it as UN-comfortable keeping such a brick in my pocket.

In fact the phone is about the same size of the Galaxy S II and tons o people use it without a problem[/citation]

If there are two bricks does that mean there are no bricks?

Of course not.

Logic, hypocrisy, reading english, 101.

Come back when you've been to school OK thx :)

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Did you even read the bit I was so kind to re-post, for you?Now, to move on to the specific sentence you failed to read, English lesson 101? I shouldn't have to do this - you make yourself look stupid when you continually fail:Sentence summary:part 1 - A5 is used in current top-tier productsPart 2 - A5 is Apples own designPart 3 - Samsung is therefore manufacturing to Apples designPart 4 - We've seen examples of Samsung copying APPLES DESIGN.Part 5 - Example case provided of Galaxy TabWhat you need to grasp is that the sentence makes several, relevant points.Part 1, 2 & 3 proves your statement that 'only the A5' was Apples design (SoC wise) completely irrelevantPart 4 & 5 show that there are legal cases where the COURTS agree (so far) with Apple when they claim that Samsung has copied some of their DESIGN (in this case, I specifically stated the GALAXY TAB).Part Non-Existent - The sentence you quoted from me makes no reference whatsoever to any copying of processors. As I said, that's your failure.[/citation]
A part from your sentence:

"Samsung manufacturers to Apples design, and we've already seen examples of them trying to copy that in the legal case"

You specifically mentioned that Samsung copies what they manufacture to Apple. To my knowledge the only Samsung built parts on the iPhone, iPod and iPad are the SoCs and LCDs. The court cases don't have anything to do with the hardware itself but the look and feel.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]A part from your sentence:"Samsung manufacturers to Apples design, and we've already seen examples of them trying to copy that in the legal case"You specifically mentioned that Samsung copies what they manufacture to Apple. To my knowledge the only Samsung built parts on the iPhone, iPod and iPad are the SoCs and LCDs. The court cases don't have anything to do with the hardware itself but the look and feel.[/citation]

English lesson 101:

'Samsung manufacturers to Apples design, and we've already seen examples of them trying to copy that in the legal case'

Noun = Apples Design

Therefore: we've seen examples of Samsung trying to copy APPLES DESIGN in the legal case.

The mistake you're making is failing to realise that my sentence contains 2 points. Firstly that the CPU Samsung manufacturers is one of many items which form 'Apples design'. Secondly that Samsung has copied Apples Design in the eyes of the court (the design of the iPad).

Points 1 and 2 do not necessarily mean that Samsung copied the design of the CPU. It means exactly what it says: The CPU is designed by Apple, and Samsung has copied things which were designed by Apple in the court case.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]It's ironic you describe me as 'cant accept a different opinion than yours', when in fact, all I'm doing, is specifically stating that IMO (in my opinion) the Nexus is a brick.It still is.Who is reacting to someone elses opinion by accusing them of being unable to accept opinions?Who is reacting to someone elses opinion using words like 'iTard' and saying 'people like you'?The answer, of course, ironically and hypocritically, is you.You said your opinion, I said mine, you then REACTED to my opinion, and I told you that it's still my opinion, so now you completely digress, try to insult me, and to generalise about people. That sir, is the failing. You.As for 'Apple products are the creation of god' - please. Did I say anything that even remotely resembles that? Of course not. Are you therefore making an irrelevant argument against something nobody said? Of course. That's you all over. And of course, this is all just because I don't share your opinion. Are you seeing your idiocy yet?Where did I say you hadn't? It's like you don't even have a clue about what this discussion is over. You're making statements which in no way mean anything relevant to what I said. You said it's not 'much' bigger - I said, I think 30% bigger is a LOT. Guess, what I still do. And even honest people who use the Nexus Prime would admit it's a lot bigger. Not you.Myself and tons of other people DO think the phone is huge.I can use a 4kg laptop without a problem and comfortably. Myself and millions of others prefer a phone which is able to fit subtly in a pocket instead of having an extra 20,000 mm ^ 3, or an extra 30% volume, making it a brick. Indeed, I would describe it as UN-comfortable keeping such a brick in my pocket.If there are two bricks does that mean there are no bricks?Of course not.Logic, hypocrisy, reading english, 101.Come back when you've been to school OK thx :)[/citation]
No I don't have a problem with you not liking the Galaxy Nexus. Apparently you're the one that has a problem with people that do like it, or else you wouldn't need to use words like brick or saying people look ridiculous when they use the phone.

I said my opinion then you stated yours, which was name calling the phone. Also my opinion comes from trying out the phone, yours comes from comparing sizes.

It's irrelevant that it's 30% larger as long you can use it comfortably and fit in your pocket. A Xperia mini is almost 50% smaller than the iPhone 4S does this means that the 4S is a brick? No!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]English lesson 101:'Samsung manufacturers to Apples design, and we've already seen examples of them trying to copy that in the legal case'Noun = Apples DesignTherefore: we've seen examples of Samsung trying to copy APPLES DESIGN in the legal case.The mistake you're making is failing to realise that my sentence contains 2 points. Firstly that the CPU Samsung manufacturers is one of many items which form 'Apples design'. Secondly that Samsung has copied Apples Design in the eyes of the court (the design of the iPad).Points 1 and 2 do not necessarily mean that Samsung copied the design of the CPU. It means exactly what it says: The CPU is designed by Apple, and Samsung has copied things which were designed by Apple in the court case.[/citation]
Do you even know what Samsung manufacture to Apple? Apparently not. Samsung only delivers the SoCs and the LCD. Every single case out there in which Apple sued Samsung is related to the look and feel and it isn't related in any way to what Samsung manufactures to Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.