Report: Samsung to Release Multiple Models of Galaxy S III

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Oh, 1080p, how nice.

The only problem I see is most sites are fixed-width at 1024 pixels, so Tom's Hardware will take up half of the 1080p screen, or it'll have to be zoomed in to fit width by default.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Lets just hope that non of the releases have the crappy retina display Samsung manufactures for Apple.[/citation]
They will probably go with HD Super AMOLED that they introduced with the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note. Maybe a little upgrade and call it 2nd gen HD Super AMOLED or something.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
In my dream world Sammy would introduce the GSIII with multiple form factors all with the same hardware specs except screen size and resolution. 4.7",4.0",3.5" and 3.5" with keyboard.

If the they synched the tablet releases and specs that would be even better but that would mess with release dates too much. Then we could get Galaxy Tab 10",8",7"; Galaxy Note 5"; GalaxyS 4.7",4.0",3.5" and 3.5" with keyboard all with the same design theme and cpu. That would really build anticipation and encourage developer support.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
How big would the 3.5" with keyboard be? Like a regular 3.5" phone with half the screen or a 3.5" screen + a keyboard?

Also, keyboards are sooo 20th century, as is SMS. In Europe we got bored with SMS like in 2001, I understand the US got it relatively recently.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I hope they're giving up the plastic casing for something a little more upscale...aluminum comes to mind. ...would mind paying a little more for it. ...we're I in the market for a new phone/gadget.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Lets just hope that non of the releases have the crappy retina display Samsung manufactures for Apple.[/citation]
..and what is wrong with that display besides that Apple uses it? Something objective please.

rionaam

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
What a dilemma, I don't know if I should get a S II right now, or wait a couple of months for the S III. I'm afraid it won't come to my country any time soon, though, and even if it does, the price will surely be over-inflated...

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
This phone has been so hyped, good luck to samsung impressing everyone. If it isn't earth shattering awesome they should have at least put out some of the specs early before all the rumors set this phone up to disappoint.
I hope its awesome

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
@ TeKEffect
I have a feeling that it will have at least two features that set it apart from the current industry and feel the above claims sound very reasonable. While I think their source is either wrong or misquoted cnet says it will be a minor update. Cnet seems to be pumping Apple propaganda really heavily these days so I would not trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.