Report: There's Danger in Texting While Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sejin

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
People need to learn to just put down their phones, is the text message really worth walking into a lamp post or totaling your car?

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sabot00[/nom]O Rly?Ya Srsly!In other news: Blind people are more likely to hit things.[/citation]
Actually I imagine the visually impaired are less likely than these fools.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
But, what people fail to say is how amazing it is in the first place that our body is able to somewhat control its direction using peripheral vision while you sit glued on the device.

Anywho, yes it is somewhat dangerous to do so, but nothing can be done to fix this. You can only use common sense. I swear if they ban walking while texting i'm going to get slightly upset then deal with it because we will never really fight back.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Morgan3rd[/nom]I've fallen down stairs while texting. To be fair the stairs were also damaged.[/citation]

lol man. damn those stairs. always getting in our way.

G

Some teen walked off a cliff out here in CA a couple months back and was supposedly texting on his phone at the time. The Coroner listed the cause of death as Natural Selection.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]Actually I imagine the visually impaired are less likely than these fools.[/citation]

I think he's just pointing out that the title is so freaking obvious: Yes of COURSE there is danger if you text and walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.