Report: Verizon Has Blocked 4Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"4chan is a site for degenerates, society is not losing out here." Well trooth it doesn't really matter what you think about the site or its users.The internet is about freedom , or you want to block all the sites that don't appeal to you? If I would use Verizon Id be angry right now even if I am not a 4chan user.

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Yeah, who cares what the content is. People here always seem to be so about internet freedom unless it doesn't affect them or affects a group they have a personal dislike for. This is net neutrality 101, and clearly wrong.

What's their justification for it? DDoS attacks? That possibly could be fair justification but I would want to see evidence of that, cause anyone could simply claim it about any large online organization and shut them down.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Wow...and Verizon opts to not block the real "melishious" websites? *shakes head*

My personal opinion:
I'd agree with Verizon only if these conditions are found to be true of 4Chan.
1) 90% of members are for or members of PETA
2) They all use Apple products
3) They all think Steve Jobs is the Messiah
5) They are all facists tree huggin liberal
6) They want me to pay for thier Health Care.

KC8DKT

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
Verizon blocked 4Chan? I can not stad this room but blocking it?

Its a sad, sad day for EVERY ONE...
(even if you do not know it)

jjchmiel78

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Never been to the site, so no idea about content. I use to go to a popular blog about cars of all things got several attacks when on it and now no longer go. I have a co-worker that likes to go to literary sites while at work and have been attack with all kind of malware. Here at work we allow lots of internet browsing to the employees on down time, but any time we get attacked, we block all sites that were active during the attack. Maybe their business model is to simply protect rather than censor. I strongly believe in much stronger penalties for hackers and writers of this malicious code. They are the ones ruining net freedom.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Wow...and Verizon opts to not block the real "melishious" websites? *shakes head* My personal opinion:I'd agree with Verizon only if these conditions are found to be true of 4Chan. 1) 90% of members are for or members of PETA2) They all use Apple products3) They all think Steve Jobs is the Messiah5) They are all facists tree huggin liberal 6) They want me to pay for thier Health Care.[/citation]

your name suits you. try to stay on topic.

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
While 4chan can be a bit like the Old West on speed (particularly /b/), it's hardly the worst offending website out there--especially since there are plenty of image boards on 4chan that are completely innocent of any socially dubious content. It's troublesome that the current trend of service providers not only decides how much you can use the internet, but where you can go on the internet.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]your name suits you. try to stay on topic.[/citation]
Um...my first sentence was on topic. The rest was clearly typed as "My" opinion. Apparently you don't read.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]your name suits you. try to stay on topic.[/citation]
Either that or...you fall into one or several of those categories I listed.

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Wow...and Verizon opts to not block the real "melishious" websites? *shakes head* M[/citation][citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Wow...and Verizon opts to not block the real "melishious" websites? *shakes head* My personal opinion:I'd agree with Verizon only if these conditions are found to be true of 4Chan. 1) 90% of members are for or members of PETA2) They all use Apple products3) They all think Steve Jobs is the Messiah5) They are all facists tree huggin liberal 6) They want me to pay for thier Health Care.[/citation]

Hey... looks like you are going to have to give back your sheet and you Dick Cheney decoder ring. See your screen name offends Sarah Palin's and her baby. She must contact your boss and have you fired. You must not be one of those god fearing tea baggers.. or tea partiers.. whatever. So go turn your self in and let Sarah shoot you with he moose gun.

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Censorship occurs ONLY when it is done by the government.

Too many people fail to understand that the Constitution and specifically the Bill of Rights applies to limiting the powers of government over the citizens and their property. You rights here only extend as far as your contract and deciding not to do business with Verizon.

Verizon is a private business. They can ban or promote whatever they want so long as they don't violate our laws (which is in itself has become a lot of an overreach by the government). No one has a right to force them to do business with anyone they find offensive and you have every right to dump them when your contract expires if you find their conduct offensive.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Alexander Blooth[/nom]"4chan is a site for degenerates, society is not losing out here." Well trooth it doesn't really matter what you think about the site or its users.The internet is about freedom , or you want to block all the sites that don't appeal to you? If I would use Verizon Id be angry right now even if I am not a 4chan user.[/citation]

You can thank the idiots w/ the DDoS attacks for this "explicit blocking." Freedoms abused. Freedoms revoked. Next.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]gmcboot[/nom]Hey... looks like you are going to have to give back your sheet and you Dick Cheney decoder ring. See your screen name offends Sarah Palin's and her baby. She must contact your boss and have you fired. You must not be one of those god fearing tea baggers.. or tea partiers.. whatever. So go turn your self in and let Sarah shoot you with he moose gun.[/citation]
Wow...leave it up to the Liberals to start name calling....typical Liberals. Let me guess...next up...you'll start using the race card? LOL! Anyone want to Polar Bear hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.