Report: Windows Mobile 7 Date Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Hotness! A phone with Windows 7 would be far more functional than the lacking of previous mobile Windows. I haven't tried 6.5 yet, but 5 wasn't great. There's still the problem of it being a PDA type OS with some phone software. Windows phones always make the phone feel like an afterthought and highly unintegrated. Hopefully 7 mobile will be compiled with phones in mind for a seemless experience. So far the IPhone is the most seemless software and I hate Apple and AT&T. I'm hoping Android will be something to get me by til 7 mobile.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Who really cares? If it is worth buing when released then we will... if not, we won't... although it depends on marketing massively as the iPhone sucks but no one wants to hear that... but really it crashes, over heats, has rubbish battery life and all the best features are pay for extras... the iPhone is a perfect example of how to market a product.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I had Xperia X1 and ... Windows Mobile 6 totally killed it. I mean yea it has shit load of functions but ... it LAGS !!! and we all know its not program's fault. The lag came from WM6 !!!!! :( I got sick of using it cuz it lags so much ... as much as I hate Apple, I think iPhone has an upper hand here (a huge upper hand)

Sold the phone to my bro, I couldn't stand it. I rather go back to my 5 yr old pos Nokia N73 ... at least it got no lag :(

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Geez. Microsoft makes a bad product, people say they rushed it and did a terrible job.

But if Microsoft actually takes time, people say hurry up!

C'mon, you need to agree on what you want. Buggy bad programs, mildly buggy decent programs, or solid stable good programs, but a long wait.

*shrug*

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
MS has to introduce a hardware standard for it's Windows Mobile, Just like apple that has a single standard for it's iphone.
you what I mean?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I had 2 Windows Mobile phones before my iPhone.. The first one originally came with WM5. I then hacked it and upgraded to WM6 and the second one came with Wm6. They were both completely inferior to the iPhone and when my contract was up and I wanted a new phone, they wanted $100 more for the crappy Tilt running WM6 than the 8GB iPhone 3G. Hopefully WM7 will be out with some better phones around the time my contract is up again, and unless Apple comes out with some iPhone 4G, I will likely be buying something new..

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I wouldn't use a phone with Windows on it if you gave it to me. If I did want a smart phone I would look at Android. Will the new 7 Mobile be infested advertisements like the Office Starter?

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I think what's special about Windows Mobile 7 is it will actually use (most) of the Windows 7 kernal. This will be for easier porting windows apps to the mobile device - close the phone/pc gap more.
The iPhone may be similar to the OSX in this way.
Anyway, there seems to be a trend phones moving to real OS rather than "smart phone" OS.
(I don't pretend to know what I'm saying, but I remember reading about this someplace)

mlauzon76

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
You can tell the slide was edited, everything else on the slide is continues on a new line, all expcept where it announces the RTM; so it's obviously been edited by a non-MS entity.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
The should give up they aren't even in the game with mobile 6.5. At this point they have the undisputed worst mobile offering out there of any respectible player. They are years behind in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.