Research Group Says No Apple TV This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
The box (crapple tv2) were made in materials that would easily spread fire so the Swedish electrical institute denied the product to be sold in Sweden. Doubt the tv would be any different.

http://www.elsakerhetsverket.se/sv/Produktsakerhet/Forsaljningsforbud/Mediaspelare-med-fel-stickpropp-och-holje/

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
damnit i had £10 on this due to a article toms posted earlier in the year on them bringing it out. 16/1 odds weren't bad, think i got like 11/1 or something. Ahh well, always next year.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Next story: Apple TV prototype stolen in bar. Bartender glad to get rid of it since it was heating up the place and turning all his screens yellow. Apple usually has ulterior motives when it releases statements like this. I would probably lay money on it that apple is working on some sort of HTPC instead of continueing the AppletTV. Maybe teh iTV.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I'm not interested in the product per se, but I would be thrilled if some of the rumors I heard about television providers changing their policies due to its release were true. Specifically the ability to pay for individual channels instead of getting 500 channels just so you can watch the 15 you actually enjoy.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
With many emerging options for Internet connected TV coming out over the next year why would I want to wait for a TV that will have the most closed and restricted options?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Now we need analysts to tell us what is NOT going to happen? We're not going to reach world peace, either. And that would be much more important to report.

jusi0412

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
I would probably lay money on it that apple is working on some sort of HTPC instead of continueing the AppletTV. Maybe teh iTV.
g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS