reset CMOS battery in a Lenovo Ideapad U530

monalisaj

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Can anyone tell me where the cmos battery is located and how to do a cmos reset in lenovo ideapad U530. Also how do I get into the BIOS? How do I findout if the bios neds to be updated?

monalisaj

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Hello, It is my daughter's laptop it will load windows I think she has 8.1 but then it just sits there. Sometimes she is able to go past the start menu most times she cannot. I plan to try and get it to load, take all her data off, and reset it to factory. She said it loses time so I thought about the cmos battery and perhaps we could just change that but now I don't know if the cmos on this laptop is replaceable versus soddered on. Also I have been trying to find out if this Lenovo has a novo button which I have found several references to. I am more familiar with bringing back from the blue screen of death dell, hp, acers, so am a little out of my beat with this one. Any reference help on the cmos as well as a novo button and how best to get this to continue on past the start menu would be helpful. Thank you.