Resetting ASUS ROG GL503V to factory settings

Apr 20, 2019
Hello,

I'd like to reset my laptop to factory settings. However, hitting F9 during bootup doesn't work. Also, when I try to reset through Windows 10, there isn't an option to reset to factory settings.

I contacted ASUS support and learned that I need to purchase a $50 USB to do a factory reset. That is unacceptable! Why this wasn't included with the laptop, I don't understand. To top it all off, the website I was instructed to go to to order the USB is "Not Secure".

Is this truly the only option, or does anyone know a work-around?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kevin

Apr 20, 2019
Where is the readme file located? I searched my computer and could not find. Better yet, does anyone have a copy they can send me?

Apr 20, 2019
So, I just confirmed I do have a partition labeled "recovery". How would I use/access that? Hitting F9 at system start up doesn't do anything.

Apr 20, 2019
Is anyone able to assist? I spoke with another rep at ASUS regarding the "Recovery" partition and it sounds like that partition is accessed when you do a "reset" through Windows 10? Is that the correct/best way to do a factory reset? Or, as [U]rgd1101[/U] said, do I need to create a recovery disk (and, if so, could you please point me to where that readme file is located or, better yet, if you have the instructions, please send them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ruddman20 Laptop General Discussion 0
KingBigg85 Laptop General Discussion 1
rabberlouser23 Laptop General Discussion 0
D Laptop General Discussion 1
Joeang126 Laptop General Discussion 0
M Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 0
P Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 1