Resetting ASUS ROG GL503V to factory settings

Apr 20, 2019
Hello,

I'd like to reset my laptop to factory settings. However, hitting F9 during bootup doesn't work. Also, when I try to reset through Windows 10, there isn't an option to reset to factory settings.

I contacted ASUS support and learned that I need to purchase a $50 USB to do a factory reset. That is unacceptable! Why this wasn't included with the laptop, I don't understand. To top it all off, the website I was instructed to go to to order the USB is "Not Secure".

Is this truly the only option, or does anyone know a work-around?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kevin

Apr 20, 2019
Where is the readme file located? I searched my computer and could not find. Better yet, does anyone have a copy they can send me?

Apr 20, 2019
So, I just confirmed I do have a partition labeled "recovery". How would I use/access that? Hitting F9 at system start up doesn't do anything.

Apr 20, 2019
Is anyone able to assist? I spoke with another rep at ASUS regarding the "Recovery" partition and it sounds like that partition is accessed when you do a "reset" through Windows 10? Is that the correct/best way to do a factory reset? Or, as [U]rgd1101[/U] said, do I need to create a recovery disk (and, if so, could you please point me to where that readme file is located or, better yet, if you have the instructions, please send them.